Status: I literally got this idea from tumblr but its my own version so bare with me. (7 years ago)

Countdown

Sophia

"Hi," she smiled painfully, "I hope he's not giving you trouble."
I glanced at her, wow, even a mess she was beautiful. Blue eyes and raven haired, small yet not delicate looking, she was probably a gymnast or at least worked out. She hovered in the doorway.

"Actually yes he is," I said as he shook his head no, abruptly stopped and glared at me, "I need him to forget he ever saw me and go back to wherever the hell he popped out from."
I could see the relief yet confusion in her eyes, "I'm sorry, he's your soulmate though?" her face twisted a bit. This was hurting her really badly.

"Yes I am," Austin said testily, "But she thinks I'm ruining your life or breaking your heart or whatever."
"I knew it would happen with me eventually," she began, "But we honestly thought that Austin had no soulmate, there was no date."
"Yeah same with me," I confirmed. She paled.

"Do you have someone as well?" she hesitated a bit before asking. Austin was trying to stare into my brain, thinking this is why I rejected him.

"Nah, my parents proved to me the whole soulmate thing is crap," I finally said after a minute, "I moved here away from it all just so I can start fresh where nobody knows my name or that I had no date."
"So there's no-one stopping you from being with Austin?" she quietly asked with her head down.

"He is yours darling, I do not want nor do I need a soulmate," I said with finality in my voice. He looked pissed and she looked slightly relieved.

"We will discuss this after the healer sees you and your weaned off those ridiculous drugs that are numbing your thought process," he said angrily and Sophia winced.

I tried to kill him with my eyes before I realized what he said.

"The healer didn't see me while I was knocked out?" I asked
"Nope, he needs you awake," Austin looked away.

Healers break and straighten out broken bones, they give you a liquid to drink that mends it all back together but it hurts like a mother-f.

Well I guess my day got worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its been 7 years, lets see if we can salvage this story that came from 23 year old me. I hope it doesn't take me another 7 years to update.