‹ Prequel: Complicated
Status: I hope this is good tbh

Stronger

Ch 6

Vic woke up in a dark room on a bed. It took a bit for his eyes to adjust but once they did, he realized he was in his room. He sat up and looked around his bed for his phone; once he found it, he hit the home button and saw that it was three in the morning. He groaned and fell back on his bed. There was a small creak inside his room that had him sitting up so fast, he’s surprised he didn’t get whiplash.

“Who’s there?” Vic asked as he looked around his room, searching for the intruder. He looked and saw a figure in the corner of his room, standing there. “Who are you?” he asked. The figure continued to stand there. Vic tried to slowly, look for a weapon, finding a bat next to his drawer. He glanced back at the figure and back at the back, calculating his chances of being able to escape. Vic made a small movement but then he heard the floor creak again.

“I’m not here to hurt you.” The figure said as it moved from the dark corner. Soon, the person was standing in the pale moon light and Vic gasped.

“What are you doing here?” Vic asked coldly. “How did you get in?”

“I miss you Vic.” He replied.

“That doesn’t answer any of my questions.”

“I’m only here,” he said as he walked closer to Vic, “Because you have in here.” He lightly touched Vic’s forehead as he sat on the bed. “I will always be here. I love you.”

“Do you really?”

“I only say what you want me too babe.” Vic looked down and sighed.

“Can you at least sa-.” When Vic looked back up, he began crying. “Mom.” He whispered brokenly.

“Hi baby.” She leaned in and hugged him. That’s when the uncontrollable crying began. Her touch felt so real.

“Mom, I missed you.” Vic said as he held on to her arm. “I really need you right now. I don’t know what to do.”

“Do what makes you happy.”

“Being with Kellin makes me happy but all he does is hurt me.”

“Do you think that he may be scared?”

“Why would he be scared?” Vic whispered.

“I only know as much as you do sweetie. Fight for him.”

“How can you fight with someone who isn’t willing to get in the ring with you?”

“How about this; you find out why he might be scared. Talk to his parents and see what they say.” Vic nodded, smiling when he felt a kiss to his forehead. “And be nice to Marina.” His face fell. “Your father and I discussed this before, that if any of us were to die, we would find happiness with someone else.”

“But that would just mean you guys never loved each other.”

“It would mean that we loved each other so much, we’re ok with the other finding happiness and love with someone else Victor.” she said softly. “I know your father loves me and I love him, but that doesn’t mean he can’t love someone else. If … If it were the other day around, I might have a boyfriend.”

“You guys don’t love each other.” Vic said with a grumble.

She sighed. “You always were a stubborn boy.” She said fondly, ruffling his hair in the process. “Now go to sleep and when you’re ready, you can go find out what’s going on with Kellin.”

“Don’t leave me.” Vic whispered.

“I’ll always be with you.” She whispered back. “Here,” she placed a hand over his heart, “And here. I love you.” She kissed his forehead. Vic closed his eyes and tried to keep the touch of his mother there, until he couldn’t feel it anymore.

“I love you too.” Vic said when he opened his eyes once again, only to find himself alone in his dark bedroom.


When Vic woke up, he had tears running down his face. He couldn’t tell whether they were happy tears or sad tears but he ignored them and wiped them off. Vic got up and stretched, sighing in the process. He needed to go talk to Kellin now.

Vic grabbed his car keys then went downstairs to put on his shoes. When he opened the door, he was met with the last person he thought of.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Are you not happy to see me?”

“Um, I guess but what are you doing here at this time? It`s three in the morning.”

“Well, see, I came back and my plane just landed but my parents weren’t there to pick me up and I figured that you maybe might let me stay here for the night?”

Where’s your luggage?”

“In my friends car.”

“I thought you said your parents were supposed to pick you up?”

“Well, yeah they were but they didn’t and so I called my friend and he came to get me but I can’t stay at his place because his girlfriend is visiting him and it’d be awkward.”

Vic sighed as he ran his hand through his hair. “I guess you can stay the night.” He moved to the side to let her in.

“Thank you Vic.” She chirped with delight. “So, um, where are you going at this time?” she asked as she walked into the living room with Vic following her.

“I need to do something important.” Vic replied as they sat on the couch.

“Can it wait until tomorrow morning? I kind of wanted to spend a bit of time with you.” She asked hopefully.

Vic looked back down at his phone and shrugged. “I guess it can wait, he`s probably asleep.”

“Who`s he?”

“Kellin.”
“Ah yes, Kellin.” She said a bit bitterly. “How is he?”

“You know, even when you weren`t here, you still caused problems.”

“Really and how’s that?”

“You’re the reason me and Kellin aren’t together anymore.”

“I`m sorry Vic but you can’t blame whatever happened recently on me. I accept the damage I made before but this on isn`t my fault.”

“It`s your entire fault. You stuck your nose where you shouldn’t have and even after five years it still affects my relationship with Kellin.”

“Well he was sixteen anyways! What business did you have with a kid?”

“That`s not the point Danielle!” Vic shouted. He took a few deep breaths before continuing. “The point is that you ruined something great I had with him.”

“then why didn`t you break up with me? You cheated on me with him.”

“Oh my fucking God!” Vic groaned. “I told you, when you came to visit, that we weren’t dating anymore. I told you to stay away but you didn’t listen. But, you were right, about Kellin.”

“How?” Danielle asked with a faint smile on her face.

“He was never serious about us, about what ever future may be there for us.”

“Then why were you going to talk to him?”

“To tell him that he needed to make up his mind. If he seriously wants us to work then he has to put effort in it too.”

“But weren’t you just saying that I was right and he’s childish?”

“Yeah but that doesn’t mean I love him any less or that I don’t want to be with him.” Vic sighed as he looked down at his phone. “It’s four in the morning, lets just go to sleep. Do you want to sleep in my room or down here?”

“I was kind of hoping we could maybe share your bed?”

“Is that really a good idea?”

“You’re right, sorry.” Danielle said sadly as she looked down at her lap.

“Fine, c’mon. But you stay on your side of the bed and I stay on mine.” Vic replied. He really had to learn how to say no.

Once they were both in bed, with a good amount of space between them, did they fall asleep in an awkward and tense air surrounding them.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok so she's back and can I clarify that I don`t hate Danielle irl

anywyas this ch is shit but I needed something to post so I guess this is a filler ch ... btw next ch is going to be a bit dramatic ;)