Technicolor

The night was still. A rare occasion in La Push, Washington. The local pack usually had their patrol, however all the wolves were looking after their kin that night.

In the trees outside of the La Push hospital stood a large wolf. He was a dark gray color with black spots randomly placed throughout his fur. He watched in the window where his mate was fast asleep after giving birth to his two children. A boy and a girl.

The wolf gave a sly smirk as he crept through the trees. He phased into his human form and slipped on his shorts. Stephan Monroe. An ex member of the Quileute wolf pack. Stephan had rebelled against his alpha and was now a lone wolf looking to begin his own pack, starting with his son. The tall russet skinned male knew that the Quileute tribe had a different plan for his newborn son and he wouldn’t allow it.

Stephan slowly made his way into the hospital, he made his way towards his mate’s room. Tiffany Call lay fast asleep unknowing of what she was about to lose. The man sneered at the woman, he had only used the woman to birth his son and he had no use for her anymore. It didn’t hurt him in the slightest to leave her or his son’s twin sister behind.

Creeping ever-so quietly, Stephan made his way to the nursery where the two newborns had joined the rest of the children. He entered the room carefully and stared down at his two children in the same cradle. The nurses had put them together because the young girl would cry without her brother by her side.

Stephan stared at the two and growled to himself seeing as he couldn’t tell which was which. He picked up the first child gently so he could check whether it was his son or not.

As soon as he picked up the infant, it began to wail. Crying so loud that all of the other babies woke up and began to cry as well. Stephan cursed to himself and at the sound of footsteps he took his child in his arms and broke out of the window and ran.

He would soon find that it was his daughter he had taken and not his son.