Technicolor

Chapter One

The air was cold but there was only a slight breeze as the waves crashed onto the shore of First Beach. A young girl stood with her feet in the cold water. Her skin was sun kissed and her hair was dyed an ash blonde, her dark roots showing through. She had piercing green eyes that were fixed to the water. Her father had often compared them to her mother’s eyes. She flinched at the thought of her father.

She quickly turned her thoughts elsewhere as she looked back at her two year old son who was building a sandcastle. He had his mother’s natural dark brown locks, his skin a little lighter then hers. He looked up at his mother, his blue eyes beaming with joy, his crooked smile showing his tiny teeth. He had his father’s eyes and smile. The young woman smiled sweetly at her son. Sometimes it hurt her to see the eyes and smile of her son’s deceased father. She loved her son none-the-less.

“Mommy, play with me!” His small cheerful voice demanded.

The young woman couldn’t help but smile at her son, “Of course. We can only play a little longer, okay Tristen? Mommy needs to go look for her friend.”

The young woman, Ashleigh Monroe, gracefully went to her son. She sat and rolled up the sleeves to her black diagonal crop top and after slipping her black boots back on she began to help her son build his castle.

After a half hour the castle was complete. Tristen smiled up to his mother, “Thank you mommy!” He hugged her legs as she stood.

“You’re very welcome honey.” Ashleigh ruffled her son’s hair before going to grab her purse. She reached in and pulled out a small stack of papers. She was on a mission to find her mother, Tiffany Call.

When Ashleigh was born she was kidnapped by her father by mistake. He had actually wanted her twin brother so that he could train him to start his own wolf pack and become strong before they would return here to La Push to destroy the pack here. When he had realized it was his daughter he had taken, it was too late to return. He had been so angry with himself and for 18 years he took it out on his daughter.

After Ashleigh got pregnant with Tristen she ran away with her boyfriend and father of her son, River Johnson. However, before her son was born River disappeared only to be found five months later, dead. Mauled by a bear they said. However Ashleigh knew the truth. She knew her father was a shifter. She had the scars to prove it.

“Mommy?” Ashleigh broke away from her thoughts as she looked at her son. He reached for her face so she knelt down to him. The young boy took his hand and wiped a tear from his mother’s cheek. “I love you mommy.”

Ashleigh took Tristen into her arms. “I love you too baby.” She released him and slid on his dark blue jacket over his green t-shirt. She zipped the jacket and wiped the sand off his blue jeans. “It’s going to start raining soon. We should go find mommy’s friend.”

She looked at the papers one more time and looked at the address. It had taken her 2 years but she had finally found her birth mothers address. She had been on the run from her father for so long, she hoped that the pack here would be able to protect her and her son, but she needed to find her mother first.

Ashleigh took her son’s hand as they walked to her black Volkswagen Jetta. After she settled her son into his car seat she handed him her tablet so he could play his games and then made her way to the front seat. After buckling up she typed the address into her GPS and began to drive.

When she found the house it had already begun to rain, just like she suspected. After she parked the car she looked back at her son, who was very enthralled with his game. “I’ll be right back, okay Tristen?” He nodded his head without looking at the woman. She smiled softly before getting out of the car and running to the front door so she wouldn’t get too drenched.

Ashleigh stared at the door, arm raised to knock but she froze. Invisible strings tugged at her heart. Fear. Angst. Hope. A mix of various emotions consumed her as she stared at the door.

“Can I help you?” Ashleigh turned quickly, eyes wide as she looked at the man in front of her. He was tall, over 6 feet, with russet skin and deep brown eyes. His bone structure reminded her of her father. She began to tremble as she stared at the shirtless male. “Hello? Are you okay?”

Ashleigh shook it off and looked away from the man, “I’m looking for Tiffany Call. Is she in?” There was silence.

It was the man’s turn to freeze. He looked at the ground then back to the woman. Her bright green eyes staring back. He knew those eyes. He flinched and looked away, “No, she isn’t.” He paused, “She died about a year ago. I’m her son Embry Call.”
♠ ♠ ♠
A short first chapter, but a chapter none the less!

This in my new FanFic that I will write while I have writers block for my Original Fiction Woman of the Sea!

I hope you enjoy!