Technicolor

Chapter Two

“Dead?” The young woman’s eyes began to well up with tears. She took a deep breath and composed herself before looking at the young man in front of her, Embry Call. “You’re her son?” Embry nodded his head, eyeing the mysterious girl with his mother’s eyes. “I’m Ashleigh Monroe, I’m your sister.”

Embry stared at her, stunned. “Wait, what?” He was shocked. His mother had never told him that he had a sister. It was possible however. He grew up not knowing who his father was, no one would tell him what they knew. Embry couldn’t deny it though, he knew just by her eyes that this young woman was indeed his sister.

Ashleigh gave the shirtless man before her a look of desperation. Her eyes began to tear up due to the fear bubbling inside of her. She knew that if she couldn’t get her brother to believe her, then the pack would never protect her and her son. She knew one thing she had to say, “Yes, I know it’s hard to believe and it’s very sudden but I need your help Embry. I need the pack’s help.”

That sparked the young wolf’s interest, “Let’s talk inside, okay? You’re drenched.”

The young girl nodded, relieved “I just need to grab my son from the car.” Embry watched the blonde run to her car and open the back seat door and grabbing a young boy from his car seat. If that woman was his sister, then that boy was his nephew. He smiled to himself and walked into the house, leaving the front door open. Ashleigh walked in soon after with the 2 year old on her hip.

Ashleigh set her son down, “Embry, this is Tristen. Tristen this is Embry.”

“Uncle Embry.” He corrected smiling a crooked smile that reminded Ashleigh of not just her son, but of River as well. She smiled softly. Embry knelt down to eye level with his nephew, “How old are you Tristen?”

Tristen smiled brightly, matching Embry’s crooked smile, “I am 2, but soon I’ll be 3. Mommy says that’s what after 2.”

“Tristen, why don’t you go play on the tablet while I talk to Embry.” The young brunette nodded before taking the tablet from his mother and going into the other room. Ashleigh turned to her brother, “You seem to be taking this oddly well.”

“You have her eyes.”

“What?”

“Our mother, you have her eyes. It’s kind of hard to deny it.” Embry pointed to a photo on the wall of a woman. Ashleigh moved to get a better look and saw herself but with her natural hair color. At a second glance she saw the differences between herself and the woman in the photo. Tiffany Call.

“How did she die?” Ashleigh glanced at Embry, sadness in both of their eyes.

“Cancer.” He paused, “She just couldn’t hang on anymore.” He paused again before laughing softly, “She never told me I had a sister. She never even told me who my father was.”

“Speaking of our father, that’s why I’m here. I need your help.” She paused, “I need the pack’s help.”

“You know about the pack?” Embry asked, noting this was the second time she mentioned them.

“Yeah.” She paused remembering back to when she first found out her father was a shifter. “I found out a little too young.”

“How did you find out? If you don’t mind me asking.” His eyes widened, “Can you shift too?”

Ashleigh laughed softly, “No. Women can’t shift, don’t you know that?”

“We actually have a woman in the pack. Her name is Leah. She’s a bitch.” He paused. “So how did you find out?”

“I found out when I was five. Dad never really gave me much attention, he was always mad that he grabbed me instead of you.” Ashleigh looked down at her hands as she took a seat at the dining room table, Embry sitting across from her. “One day I decided I really didn’t want to go to kindergarten and threw a huge tantrum. All I wanted was dad to notice me, he did. He got so angry with me and then he began to shake. I tried to run away but it was too late.”

“Too late?”

Ashleigh stood and turned away from Embry and began to lift up her shirt slightly. Embry’s eyes widened when he saw the scars running diagonally down her back. He felt himself grow angry. Embry pushed himself away from the table and stood as he began to shake. Ashleigh turned on her heels, pulling her shirt down in the process. “Embry, calm down.” She begged, “Please.”

Embry took deep breathes at his sisters plea and slowly sat back down. He gritted his teeth before asking, “It’s him who you’re running from, isn’t it?” Ashleigh nodded. “I want to know everything. We should go to Sam’s so you can tell both packs all together.”

“Both?”

“It’s complicated, but pretty much we have two alphas, therefore two packs.” Embry shook his head, “I’ll explain later. I’m gunna call everyone to meet up, be ready to leave soon.”

Ashleigh nodded before going to the living room, “Tristen, we are gunna go to Uncle Embry’s friend’s house. Okay?”

The young brunette frowned as he looked at his mother. “I don’t wanna drive anymore mommy. I hate the car!”

Ashleigh’s heart broke with guilt at her son’s words. She had her son on the run his whole two years of living, no wonder he hated the car. “I’m sorry baby, I know. I hate the car too.” Her eyes began to water.

Tristen saw his mother’s tear fall and he quickly hugged her legs. “I sorry mommy, don’t cry. I go in the car.”

Ashleigh smiled and crouched to eye level with her son. She ruffled his hair and smiled, “Thank you, and I promise that soon we won’t have to go in the car all the time.”

“Kaykay mommy!” Tristen gave her his crooked smile. “I love you.”

“I love you too sweetheart.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello Lovelies!

I'm sorry it takes me so long to post chapters, I am so busy with work! I promise to write more and I will update my other story Woman Of The Sea as soon as possible.

Here is Ashleigh's outfit for this chapter and last. Also the next chapter!

XOXO
Luna Rene