Overnight Sensation

Baby, Be With Me

She hadn’t texted for almost a week.

Niall didn’t know what to make of her absence, so he had taken to assuming she had made up with William and was simply getting over the night the pair of them shouldn’t have even had. While it didn’t make him particularly happy, Harry would say that it was all for the best, always being a believer in fate and love and trying to work things out.

Of course Harry would say that. But Niall couldn’t help himself from thinking otherwise.

In reality, Bryan hadn’t gotten out of bed the entire time. When she had gotten back from her interview, her eyes were still swollen and slightly pink so she had been sure she bombed it. So she took to self pity just to get it out of her system. She had still felt awful for what she had done to William.

And of course it was all he could think about for a while. He forgave her, but she was always a thought in his mind - whether it was at the forefront or the back, she had never left.

It wasn’t even that she didn’t want to text Niall, it’s just that she was a right mess at the moment. She wanted a clear mind (and heart?) before she pulled him back into her life. For herself and for the sake of whatever was to happen between them. It wouldn’t have been very fair of her to put all on someone, friend or potential partner.

Niall, of course, hadn’t even considered this. He didn’t consider any other option than she was simply done with him. He would be lying if he said he wasn’t disappointed with that notion. In fact, he had been so disappointed that he may have been drinking more than he normally would. It’s just, he was over thinking things- something he rarely ever did. He was pathetic. He was sure of it. But he had just wanted a nice girl for once, and my god, he hadn’t realized how much he had wanted things to work out until these passed few days. He had even come to the conclusion that he wanted to take Bryan on a proper date.

He wanted to drop her off at home at the end of the night, and do things properly.

It was impossible, though, since she hadn’t even talked to him and he had quit texting her only a few days ago. And now he was at a club in Cork with his mates from Ireland and with enough drinks clouding his mind to think: I am Niall Horan. I can have anyone in this club.

So he almost slipped a few feet back to his old ways. But he didn’t. Not really. He did share hot kisses and even hotter dances with a model type, but he never took her home, Not even when she brought her lips to his ear in a seduction technique that he would have normally fell for.

Truthfully, all he could see was kissing Bryan and small flashes of their night. And he just couldn’t go through with taking this other girl home. He somehow had the belief that it wouldn't matter if he did - nothing could really compare to the night he’d spent with Bryan.

At this realization, he found his way through a tightly compressed crowd, ignoring shouts from photographers and quickly headed into a bathroom stall, locking it and placing his hand on the door for support and a moment to take in a deep breath.

Surely, there was something wrong with him. He clearly possessed stronger feelings for Bryan than he had originally thought.

He had to call her. He didn't care what Harry would think (Harry bascially was his personal Jiminy Cricket), and he didn't care that he probably shouldn't be trying to get between Bryan and her Fiance. He just needed to call her.

With the music from the club still sounding, he took out his phone. He never usually minded the loudness of the clubs he went to, but as he put his free hand up to his ear, he couldn't understand why they had to play the music that bloody loud.

“Come on,” he groaned as the fifth ring sounded. He swore, he was about to give up thinking that she really must not have wanted to talk to him, but as he brought the phone down to hang up, he heard a small ‘hello?’. He suddenly scrambled with the phone, muttering curse worse as it fumbled from hand to hand for a few seconds before he finally got it back to his ear.

“Hello?” He breathed, “Bryan?”

She chuckled, “yeah. Hi, Niall.”

“Hi. Tha-Thank god,” he stuttered slightly from the alcohol in his system.

“Are - Are you okay?” She sounded confused, “Are you drunk?”

“What?” he let out a burp “Oh hell, I’m sorry - I’m - I -“

“Niall fucking Horan, are you drunk calling me?”

“Bryan...”



“God, I know we had a one night stand, but I thought you thought more of me than a drunk booty call!” She held in her laughter as she listened to him sputter for words, seemingly panicked, but soon he had seemed to catch on and he stopped talking for a moment.

“You’re not serious,” he let out a laugh, shaking his head to himself. Their laughter mixed together for a few moments before it calmed. She was kind of grateful he called (and that she had answered), she forgot how easy it was to smile with him and she regretted not contacting him sooner. Maybe she felt like she deserved to wallow a bit over everything that had happened with William, she wasn’t sure. But she was glad her humour wasn’t completely written off.

“Of course not,” she rolled her eyes playfully, though he couldn’t see. “Why’d you call?”

“You weren’t really answerin’ me texts darlin’,” he said, “didn’t leave me with much of a choice.” He felt another burp coming up but figured it wouldn’t be the right time to set it free, so he held it back, swallowing hard.

“Yeah,” she sighed, “I’m sorry. I needed some time.”

His heart picked up, he absolutely felt it. He was hoping for this - hoping to hear this from her.

“Time? For?”

“Don’t be stupid, Niall,” She laughed, “I - I told William.”



“And?” He needed to hear her said it, he had to be sure he wasn’t interfering again, though he wasn’t sure it mattered anymore. He had already done it once.

She rolled over onto her side and curled herself up, “and nothing. We’re…not anything anymore.”

So, Niall figured Harry would have been really disappointed but he couldn’t help it when the moved the phone away from his ear and silently cheered to himself. Harry wouldn’t have approved, would have told Niall that it was incredibly wrong of him to be cheering at a failed engagement, but Niall didn’t really care, as awful as that seemed.

“I’m sorry,” he tried a sad voice, but his smile could be heard through the line.

Bryan scoffed and rolled her yes, “No, you’re not. I know you, Horan.”

“Yeah, well…” He chuckled, his shoulders giving a slight shrug. He heard the door to the bathroom swing opened, then the stall next to his slam closed.

“So why are you drunk calling me at one in the bloody morning?” She raised an eyebrow, hoping it somehow transferred through the line. All the thoughts she had just hours ago (and for the passed few days) seemed to fade away, she didn’t really care how cluttered her mind was, when she was talking to him it all seemed to clear. She didn’t care about taking time - she could still figure things out and be with him, couldn’t she?

“Why are you awake?” He countered

“Niall.” She smiled to herself as she said his name - she really had forgotten how it felt to talk to someone like this. With William, she was always paranoid she would tell the wrong joke or say the wrong thing - he just didn’t understand her the way Niall seemed to.

He bit his lip, gave himself a small pep talk and smiled into the phone, “I want to take you on a proper date. If you’re ready, of course.” At the precise moment he asked her, whoever was in the stall next to him let out the loudest fart Niall had heard in a while - possibly ever. Niall would have congratulated the random guy on his flatulence talents had he not been trying to score a date.

“How lovely,” she snorted, “I’ve always wanted a famous boy band member to ask me out while he’s on the loo, though I admit I always thought it would be Nick Carter…”

Niall closed his eyes, chuckling to himself, “No, sorry - it’s this guy and…It wasn't me.”

“Oh really?”

“Really," he assured.

“And you had to call me at one in the morning, drunk, in an active bathroom, to ask me on a date?”

“Yes.”

“Okay,” she laughed.

“Okay?” He furrowed his brows and leaned against the side of the stall, “ ‘Okay’, you’ll go on a date with me?”

“Yes, Niall.”

He was so chuffed about it that he had hung up the phone without saying goodbye.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took ages. hope you're all well!