Movin' on Up

Packing on Up.

So that was it the start of my teenage rebellion. I was not moving to Los Angeles in my final year of high school! I was not moving across the country!

Week One:Denial.
My childhood life grieving process began the minute they told me, I then went into denying any existence of the move. Mum packed around me. Dad up the house up for sale around me.
School teachers wished me a good summer, I never said good bye. Friends tried to find out why my dad was selling the house, I never said. I spent a week ignoring all questions. Then my parents confronted me!

Week Two: Anger!
Mum said 'GROW UP BREE!' Dad said 'You're better than this Brennan, you will love Malibu.'
and I finally blew my top! 'I DON'T WANT TO MOVE!' and I screamed for hours and slammed doors whenever I could - childish I know but if I break the house nobody would buy it.
Then Dad got angry and I got louder! Then I shouted 'I'm getting emancipated!' and then my Dad grabbed my arm to stop me walking away.
'Don't be stupid Brennan. You're not being abused. You're just getting asked to move across state. What is the big deal! When did you become so spoiled!' he said earnestly.
Then I realised he was right, until now I was always a well adjusted person. I didn't give up on my stance but I realised that this was happening and I was going to have to get something out of it.

Week Three: Bargaining
I sat and thought on the third week what could I bargain for... I had a car and being an only child having my own room wouldn't be an issue; I decided I had only one think I could ask for... my relative freedom.
If we move to somewhere like my mother has dreamed of - gated and posh, I will be stuck visiting soirees and cotillion classes - I did not wish to go full stop to these forced activities and I was going to put my foot down.
After talking to my parents I managed to be allowed a curfew of midnight as long as I graduated one 3 week short course of....