Status: Updated as soon as possible

A Daydream Away

Chapter 14

Jack's POV

As soon as I heard the front door shut, I waited a good five minutes before leaving the apartment, also. I knew it was a shitty thing to do, but I had an idea on how to stop my mind from doing what it's been doing.

The images that flashed through my mind, of students that I went to school with, throwing insult after insult at me, calling me such degrading names, leaving me with bruises and broken limbs, they scared me shitless.

I mean, all of them were alright with me, weren't they? That's what I remembered at least.

It seemed like small snippets would pop up in my head whenever something sensual happened between me and Alex. When I learned he was gay, when I would wake up during a wet dream starring him, whenever I would think about how attractive he was, and especially when he kissed me. When our lips separated, that's when the flood gates let all hell break loose.

It must be because I hadn't gotten off with another person since, well, since before I met Alex. My mind must be telling me that I need sex. I mean, this all started when we met. Yeah, that must be it. Those memories can't be mine, why would I only remember them now?

I just, I needed to clear my head, and to possibly fix what I believed the problem was. This all took me a good few hours to come up with.

This led me to now be sat at a club downtown at eight at night, one that I knew no one would recognize me at, and I was downing shot after shot of Fireball whiskey.

My mind began to work slower and slower, beginning to soak up and swim in the affects of the strong alcohol, and a smile began to split my face.

Now, I thought, Time to find some.

My eyes scanned over the club-goers. After my quick search came up empty, my eyes landed on a voluptuous bottle blonde at the other end of the bar. I ogled her for a good while, taking in her skintight, red dress and her tanned skin. She looked easy enough. Just my type, or what I needed at this moment.

As soon as her eyes met mine, she flashed a knowing grin, got up, and walked over to me, swaying her hips as she went.

Normally, by now, Little Jack would be making himself known, but, even in my inebriated state, he was not making an appearance. Strange.

"Hello there, I'm Candace, but you," she said, speaking above the horrendous bass and placing a hand on my thigh, leaning in closer to whisper in my ear, "Can call me Candy."

I flashed her a sultry look, placing my hands on her hips and whispering back, "Well, I hope you taste as sweet as your name. You can call me Jack."

This elicited a giggle to pass her thickly painted lips. She batted her heavily mascara'd eyelashes and bit her bottom lip, attempting to be seductive. It wasn't working.

By now, I would be asking her to accompany me home, or to a hotel room in this case, but my mind seemed to be fighting me, along with my non-compliant member. C'mon boy, what's up?

Maybe I needed some warm up.

"So, would you like to dance?" I asked, watching her eyes spark with excitement.

Before another word was said, she was dragging me into the sweat filled crowd, immediately turning around and wiggling her ass on my crotch.

Nothing.

I began grinding back, holding my hands on her hips and giving them a light squeeze. She tilted her head back, letting out a soft sigh of content as she continued her assault on my lower region.

Still nothing.

I closed my eyes in frustration, which was a bad idea because, once I did, a flash of light-brown hair replaced the peroxide white that was previously in front of me. The alcohol in my mind replaced Candace (there was no way in hell I was going to call her Candy) with Alex.

I let out a moan, my lower half immediately perking up at the thought of him, the image of him grinding his ass against me filling my thoughts with lust.

Images of him, hot and sweaty, hair flying every which way and hips swaying to the music, were instantly replaced with laughing, taunting faces.

My eyes snapped open a soon as the memories made themselves present. I pushed the girl in front of me away, and, after feeding her a shitty excuse of "I think I left the door unlocked," I darted out of the building as fast as I could, the images forcing their way passed my alcohol-built wall.

My drunken body slumped on the outside wall, allowing the cool air to soothe me some. No matter how calming that was, though, the voices wouldn't cease.

"Freak."

"Faggot."

"It's okay."

That last one, that wasn't an insult, and the voice seemed... familiar.

Not allowing my mind any time to reel on it, I began dragging my ass back to my apartment. I don't know how I made it there, but I guess I'd done this enough for my subconscious to remember the route when I was consciously M.I.A.

Standing in front of my door, I took a deep breath and pulled my keys out, half hoping that Alex wouldn't be there. After dropping my keys three times and missing the key slot four, I finally pushed my way into the living room.

Immediately my eyes landed on a shirtless Alex, curled up on the sofa, afghan draped over his lower half. I couldn't help but notice how... good he looked. When we first encountered, he was all skin and bones, hair a matted mess despite his dire attempts to take care of it, and he was constantly sporting a dirt second skin.

Now?

He looked healthy. And healthy looked good on him. He had a bit more meat on his bones, filling out his face and giving it a light flush, with it now being framed in softer, cleaner hair. Between having more to eat and the constant movement at work, his rib were no longer noticeable, being replaced with the beginnings of some muscle toning.

I would be thinking incredibly dirty thoughts, due to earlier and how my mind's been working lately, if it weren't for the clear tear stains on his red cheeks, trailing down his face from his puffy eyes.

I felt a pang of guilt. Was he crying because of me? It had to be because of the way we dealt with earlier today. God, why was I such an idiot. Instead of letting my head get in the way, I should have stayed. But, nope, I ran like a little bitch, leaving him to his thoughts, probably believing I hate him now.

I slowly moved my way towards him, wary of making any noise as to not wake him up. Slowly moving one arm under his waist and the other under his knees, I pulled him up and to my chest. He's definitely gained some weight. The last time I did this, after finding him in that alley, he barely weighed a thing. Now, I struggled a bit.

I glanced down at his face. He looked so peaceful and so... cute. I ignored the typical pain in my head that accompanied the thought and continued trudging to his room, nudging it opened with my foot. My arms were about to give out as I made it to his bed.

"Jack... Jack," Alex murmured in his sleep.

"I'm here Lexy, I'm here," I replied, knowing he probably couldn't hear me.

"Jack... th-they found me. Don't let them get me..." he continued, balling his fists in my shirt.

"Who, Lex, who?" I tried asking, but his soft snores started up again.

I slowly knelt down, carefully laying his legs under his blanket and placing his head on his pillow. As I moved to retreat, his grip on my shirt got tighter.

"No," he whined.

I just chuckled softly and carefully moved him over, slipping in next to him and immediately wrapping my arms around him.

Once my head hit the pillow, my body suddenly became very aware if how exhausted I was, almost instantly shutting down and pulling me into a nightmare.

The hallway was dark, almost ghost like, but it still held that sense if familiarity to it. Fog littered the ground, along with various grey figures floating around.

I was laying on the ground in the fetal position, trying to contain the tears in my eyes as the group of students surrounded me, taunting me over and over again.

"Loser."

"Faggot."

"Awe, Barafag's butt buddy ain't here to protect him."

"Gonna cry like the little bitch you are, Barafag?"

"You're fucking sick, Barafag."

The insults kept pouring out of their mouths, almost piercing through my skin with their hatred. I gripped my hair, wanting them all to stop, to leave me alone and let me be me.

Suddenly, their venomous voices began slowly dissipating, along with their bodies. A few feet behind the now-wisp-like forms, a solid form started coming into view. It took me a moment to take in the new body, with his heart-shaped face framed in honey-colored hair; clothing hanging off of his skinny frame; and bright, golden eyes, filled with nothing but care and adoration. I felt my heart physically tug towards him, as if it were a piece of metal and he were a magnet.

Alex, I tried saying, but my voice wouldn't work. He kept walking closer, walking through the remains of the bodies, merely mist now, dispersing the particles until they were nothing. When he reached where I was laying, he knelt down next to me and ran a hand through my hair, a smile slowly spreading across his lips.

"Hey Jacky," he spoke in his melodic voice, completely obliterating the lingering sounds of the others with his hypnotic voice, "Everything's going to be okay. I've got you now, and that's all that matters. You saved me, and now it's my turn to save you."