Status: Updated as soon as possible

A Daydream Away

Chapter 9

Alex's POV

When I woke up, my first reaction was to bring my hands to my head due to the pounding alcohol-induced headache that was beating the inside of my skull. It took me a moment to realize that I couldn't move my arms. I began freaking out, wondering what was wrong. It wasn't until I looked down that I noticed of a pair of hairy arms that were gripping my waist and pinning my limbs to my torso. I suddenly became aware of the fact that I could feel warm breathing down my neck and facial hair tickling my skin. His chest was pressed firmly against my back and his legs were fitted with mine. Was Jack- was he spooning me?

This whole situation would have been very comforting and would have made me over-the-top happy, if it wasn't for little Jack nudging my backside. What the fuck is up with this man and always waking up with morning wood?

In attempts to break free of Jack's death grip before things got too awkward, I began wiggling around, only to have my ass rub up against his bulge. Jack let out a fucking moan and wrapped me closer. Then, of all things he could do, he began rutting himself up against me.

No no no no no no no no oh God stop.

"Jack! Hey, hey Jack! Wake the fuck up!" I whisper-yelled. This was starting to turn me on despite the fact that I was freaking out. I did not want to fuck anything up with my emotions and hormones.

Jack's hands began moving their way down my body, and that was when I used all of my strength to free my arms, turn in his grip, and swat his head.

"Barakat!" I yelled louder. That finally woke him up. About fucking time. His eyes fluttered open and he stared at me, slightly panting from what his subconsious was making him do. He looked at me, still dazed from sleep. "Did you, uh, did you have a nice dream?" I nervously joked.

It took a moment for him to realize what I was saying, but when he did, his eyes grew wide and he quickly detached himself from me. I was waiting for him to make a joke or a snarky comment. Instead, he shuffled out of the tent and sprinted towards the bathroom. In his escape, he pulled on one of the blankets, causing the fort to collapse on top of me.

"Thanks, Jack." I called out to him, only to hear nothing in response. Was he okay? Normally when something like this happens, he'd make a joke about it and continue to be his confident self. I've never seen him act like this before.

I crawled out of the fort's debris and stood up, cracking my back and releasing a sigh at how nice it felt. I then proceeded to the bathroom door and rapped on the wood. "Hey, you gonna be long? I need some aspirin and the toilet."

I got no response. I pushed my ear to the door and heard a few grunts. Those lasted only a few seconds before they stopped. There was a brief moment of silence, then the door opened to reveal Jack, eyes downcast.

"Sorry." He muttered, then shuffled past me and into his room. His entire demeanor was baffling me to no end. Normally it's me acting nervous and embarassed, but, after getting used to it, I just act like nothing's up. It looks like Jack's done the complete opposite.

I relieved myself from last night's heavy drinking and grabbed a few apsirin to pop in my mouth, swallowing them dry because I'm too lazy to get a glass of water. I sauntered back into the living room and began picking up the fort mess that we/I made. I put the dishes in the sink, the alcohol bottles in the trash, threw my blankets in my room and left Jack's in front of his room. As I was setting his stuff down, he opened the door and stopped when he saw I was there. He was about to shut it again when I kicked the blankets in the doorway, blocking him from closing it.

"Jack, what's up, man?" I questioned. He just looked down and shuffled his feet a bit. "Hey, if it's about this morning, I don't care. I mean, it's not the first time, and I understand that you're a horny mother fucker in the morning." I laughed out, trying to ease the tension. It seemed to work, too, because I saw a small smile crack his lips.

"So," I said, nudging his shoulder, "Was it hot?" I joked.

He looked at me, dead in the eye, and said, "Yes, yes it was."

We stared at each other for a good five minutes. What did he mean by that, and why was he staring at me? Before I could ask, he squeezed his eyes shut and hissed in pain, grabbing his head with both hands.

Concerned, I rubbed his shoulder. "Jack? Are you alright? You hungover?" I questioned.

"I.. I guess... I honestly don't know. I've been getting pains like these whenever-" he clamped his mouth shut, then shook his head. "It's nothing." He reassured me when I gave him a quizzical look.

"You sure it's nothing?" I asked him.

He nodded his head in confirmation and lifted it. "The pain's gone now, anyway. Dunno what it-" He was then cut off by a loud knocking coming from the front door. I shot him a questioning look and he just shrugged his shoulders, then proceeded to walk past me and to the door.

I followed Jack to the living room and stood behind him as he turned the handle. He barely got it cracked when a large mass of flesh slammed the door open and engulfed Jack in a hug. Oh God, a monster is going to eat him. Oh wait, never mind, it's Zack.

"Hey Jack-o," Zack greeted happily, then focused his eyes on me over Jack's shoulder, "And you, too, Alex."

I gave him a nervous wave. Even though the guy is nicer than all get out and would probably cry if he hurt a fly, and the fact that I've been working with him for a good few weeks, his large muscles still scared me to death.

I noticed another head pop up from behind Jack and Zack, a head with a buzz cut and a blinding smile that I had never seen before.

The mystery buzz cut man joined in the Jack and Zack hug, all of them spewing greetings and "Oh, I've missed you"s and shit like that, while I stood in the background watching them awkwardly.

After who knows how long, the three men finally pulled away. Jack caught my cautious stare and put an arm around my shoulder. "Sorry, man." He said, before pushing me into the other two men and I was embraced in a three way hug with them.

Once that hug was done, Jack pointed to the buzz cut man and said, "This is the last and final member of our soon-to-be band, sir Robert Dawson," Robert sent Jack a glare for some unknown reason, "Rian, this is the golden piped god who is going to do vocals for us. You may call him Alexander."

"No," I butted in, causing the three of them to look at me since that was the first word I've uttered so far, "You can call me Alex. And," I looked at Robert/Rian/buzz cut man and, confused, asked, "Is your name Robert or Rian?"

Zack and Jack busted out laughing while buzz cut man sent them a stern look. He turned his face back to me, sending me a blinding smile, and said, "My first name is Robert. Middle is Rian. I prefer going by Rian better, though," he explained, me giving him an ah in understanding, "Sorry it's taken so long for us to meet. College has been a pain."

I was about to ask what his major was because, honestly, I was curious, until Jack butted in, saying, "So, what brings you to my humble abode this morning?"

Zack and Rian just kind of stared at him, looking dumbfounded. "Dude," Zack said, "For one, it's almost, like, four in the evening, and it's the day after Thanksgiving." Oh, it was that late already?

Jack stared back, looking like he wasn't getting what they were saying. I wanted to say duh but then realization crossed Jack's face.

"Shit! I totally forgot!" He screeched. I covered my ears at the loud and obnoxious sound. Jack scrambled off towards the television, turning it on to check something, I guess.

"What? What did he forget?" I asked, feeling slightly out of the loop. I looked at Rian and Zack, who were now making their way towards the couch.

"Since it's Thanksgiving and we don't want to be rude, we normally record and watch the Thanksgiving day game the next day," Rian told me, plopping down on one of the chairs as I did the same, "It's kinda become a tradition."

Jack squeaked in excitement, the intro to the NFL filling the room. "I thought I didn't have it recording. Looks like I do!" He began jumping on the balls of his feet, before stopping and letting out a groan, "But Lex and I drank all the booze last night." He walked over to me and fell on top of me. I grunted and called him a fatty as he continued to flop his limbs against me.

Zack, who hadn't sat down yet, pulled Jack up by the collar of his shirt and set him on his feet. Damn he is strong.

"C'mon you lush, let's head down to the liquor store and pick some up." He said, dragging Jack to the door. A few minutes and an excessive amount of complaints later, Jack and Zack were out the door and I was left to sit awkwardly with Rian, whom I had just met and knew nothing about.

We sat in silence, me awkwardly twiddling my thumbs and him looking like he was at home.

"Hey, Alex?" I heard him say. I wasn't expecting him to say anything, and, instead of answering him, I gave him a look to let him know I was listening. "I know we just met and all, but can I ask you something?"

A sense of fear started filling me up. Did Jack tell him about my past? Did he know something and was going to ask me to leave as to not ruin the reputation of the future band?

"Do you like Jack?"

Oh, was that all he was going to ask? I nodded my head, then said, "Yeah, he's cool, why?"

He shook his head, as if my answer wasn't the right one. "No, not like that." He said.

I immediately knew what he meant, and I felt my cheeks get red with embarrassment. "N-no, no, not like that, I mean, yeah, he's a good person for letting me stay here and all and he may look good and fuck- I mean, he's a guy and he's straight and-" I rushed out, trying to explain to him that I was not, even though I was, into Jack. He held up his hand to silence me and I clamped my mouth shut.

"Hey man, calm down. I don't judge on sexuality. Who you like is who you like." He chuckled and calmly told me. I just nodded my head, feeling a little more than embarrassed.

"Um.." I mumbled, "How-how did you know?" I looked up at him, curiosity practically emanating from me.

He flashed me a smile, which was still blinding, and said, "You look at him the same way I look at my girlfriend and the way Zack used to look at Jack." My eyes widened at that last part.

"Zack's gay?" I gasped.

He slowly nodded in response, giving me an 'I thought you already knew' look. "He has been for years. Jack knows it, too. In high school, he-" he was cut off by the door slamming open, revealing Zack and Jack holding too much beer than what was necessary. I was about to question how it took them such a short amout of time, until I remembered we lived above a liquor store. Might be a reason why Jack chose here to live.

Rian and I were never able to finish our conversation, letting me reel over the information I was just given. Zack liked Jack? And does he still? And what about in high school?

We sat and watched the game, despite the fact that I wasn't completely invested in it. With this and what happened this morning, I was left to question what was going on with Jack.