Status: I wanted to reinvent Beauty and the beast.

Blessings and Curses

Chapter 2

Chapter two

Lyneth had never met a more arrogant irritating man. Who was he to demand a kiss from him?! The Beast indeed was a beast. Manner less snob who thought Lyneth was nothing more than a whore to be bought out.
Lyneth lost himself in his art. He considered himself a well artist, he could paint things in the real world as well as use the charcoal from left over fire to draw things in the real world. Lyneth continued to draw with the charcoal until he stopped and looked at what he had drawn. The Beast’s mask. The Mask was made of bronze and had many lines and bolts in it. The eyes could still be seen an icy blue, and his lips could be seen as well fangs popped out from his lips.
Lyneth grew mad at himself for drawing The Beast. He was mad at himself for being so affected by The Beast. But time was short for him, he needed to leave soon, his month was up and he needed to return to the academy. He needed to learn more. He went down to the local tavern and ordered a Hylia spice. A warm and frothy drink. He didn’t have much money his family and he never really did have much money. He only ordered one drink all he could afford. But one drink was enough, he could already feel the tingle in his fingers the haziness in his brain.
Suddenly a soldier from the capitol walked up to him.
“Two more Hylia spices.” The soldier ordered.
It was strange to see soldiers here. The capitol rarely has guards posted out in outer lying villages especially Hylia villages. The Capital had very little respect for Hylias. Mostly simple folk who dedicate their lives to arts and respecting nature. No warriors or politicians amongst them.
“So I’ve never seen you around before in this village.” The guard says
“I’ve been away for a while, but I have to leave again.” Lyneth said.
“So are you going to take The Beasts pass?” The guard asked
Why does he want to know? Lyneth thought.
“I’ve already tried, he wouldn’t let me pass.” Lyneth said grumpily.
“Why don’t you sneak pass him. Slip into back of a cart of a friend or neighbor the guard said.
Lyneth looked up at the guard he was tall, and had black ebony hair. His skin was a tan white. He looked like a Harkesh. Southern people who often just take up home in the capitol. But he had an eye patch over his left eye. He was handsome even with his eye patch.
“Thank you guard I will take your advice.” Lyneth said as he left the tavern.
+++
Lyneth asked if Jaffra was traveling anytime soon. Jaffra told him he was going to capitol city. Lyneth explained the whole situation with The Beast. Kaver gladly let Lyneth sit in the back of the cart hiding in one of the empty boxes he had.
Lyneth crawled into the box and the road was bumpy up the road. Till the cart stopped and Lyneth could hear the deep almost growl voice that belonged to The Beast.
“What do you have in the back of your cart?” The Beast asked
“Just some empty boxes and some weapons for the capitol.” Jaffra said
“What’s say you Karvel, what should his payment be?” The Beast asked
“Just a box of those weapons should do.” Karvel said.
“Certainly.” Jaffra said
One of them walked over to the cart. Lyneth didn’t know who. They started to rustle with the boxes causing a lot of noise. Dust started to fly everywhere. Lyneth held his breath but couldn’t hold it any longer and let out a loud sneeze. Suddenly the box flew off of Lyneth and a firm grasp was around his arm. The Beast held him in large almost claw like hands.
“Well if it isn’t Fox my favorite traveler.” The Beast said with his fanged grin.
“Let me go you miserable lonely bastard!” Lyneth shouted pounding his fist into the Beast’s chest. But the Beast didn’t even flinch.
“Excuse me but I’ll have you know that he is the son of a widower and if you hurt him the whole village will have you thrown out.” Jaffra said
“Don’t you threat smithy I won’t hurt him at all. Not a single scratch will be on him when he returns.” The Beast said
“I’ll hold you to your word.” Kaver said
“Be on your way smithy.” The Beast growled.
“So you thought you could sneak by me did you?” The Beast said
“Let me go.” Lyneth said
The Beast let him go.
“I now insist that you let me pass.” Lyneth demanded
The Beast laughed at him. Then suddenly Lyneth wanted to punch him so badly but knew it wouldn’t end well.
“The toll for you my little fox has been raised again.” The Beast said
“To what now?” Lyneth growled.
“To an hour with me.” The Beast said
“You rotten cowered. I’ll never let you touch me.” Lyneth yelled
The Beast laughed.
“Will see about that one, little fox.” The Beast said
Lyneth walked away frustrated out of his mind with the arrogant beast.

+++
The Beast went back to his yurt. He looked at himself in the small mirror he had. The steel mask covered his beast of a face. Cursed he was, cursed till he found a love, but no one will ever love him. He removed the hood of his cloak to reveal his twirling horns and his white hair. He kept the mask on he didn’t want to look upon his face for the time being. He fell asleep amongst the piles of furs on his yurt floor. The Beast dreamed of Fox.
He dreamed of them together in his homeland. Its cold there, it always is and everyone is always dressed in fur. The Beast saw Fox dressed all in white fur. His hood over his brown hair and his two different colored eyes alive against all the white. The Beast rode one of the many big and strong horses in his homeland. The Beast could tell he had his old face, the face he had before he was cursed and banished. He could not see his face and he forgot what he looked like but he could no longer feel the weight of his mask on his face. Fox walked through the pine woods twirling and dancing amongst the snow. Teasing The Beast with his smile and the way he moved gracefully around the forest.
“Tell me your name?” The Beast asked
Fox smiled at him, and laughed and that drove the beast crazy. Fox began to run gracefully through the forest his feet almost gliding across the ground. The Beast had trouble keeping up with him. Fox kept running even though the beast protested that he stop. Fox led him to a field of red flowers, red roses. Fox began to walk toward them and The Beast knew that the Fox would be cut to shreds in the field. The Beast ran after him to protect him and was about to stop him but then The Beast woke up. His mask had fallen off while he slept and his friend Karvel stood at the entryway.
Only Karvel had seen what he looked like none of the other of his Kir’torei know what he looks like or why he wears the mask. The Beast immediately put his mask back on.
“What is it?” The Beast asked
“There is a storm coming and you are needed my lord.”