Status: I wanted to reinvent Beauty and the beast.

Blessings and Curses

Chapter 3

Chapter three

Lyneth walked back tired, he still felt anger though in his heart. The Beast was trying to make a whore out of him. He walked through the front door of his hub his mother was sitting in a rocking chair.
“He still won’t let you pass?” His mother asked
“I’m still here.” Lyneth said still filled with rage.
“Why won’t he let you pass? What does he want from you?” His mother asked
“He wants me for an hour.” Lyneth said very coldly.
“You’ll do no such thing. I won’t have my only son a student of magic become a common gutter whore.” His mother exclaimed.
“Mom I wasn’t going to. But I still need to get by him. I need to get back to the academy they won’t wait for me forever.” Lyneth said
“Can’t you use your powers to get past him?” His mother asked
“I can sneak pass him.” Lyneth said with a smile.
“I just need to wait for the cover of darkness.” Lyneth said

+++
Lyneth waited for darkness to come and he made his way to the forest edge. He climbed the closest tree. He was always a great tree climber it helps to when you can control nature. He reached the top of the tree and made it so that each branch fell before his feet making a sort of walkway for him. He walked along the walkway of branches. Each branch fell before him and then lifted themselves up after he left. He was carful where he stepped and made sure there were no branches that couldn’t support his weight.
Eventually he did get to The Beasts camp site. There were several bonfires going and he could hear men and woman laughing and talking in big hearty voices.
He stayed for a little bit just listening in on their conversation. Curious on what Kir’torei talk about what their culture was like. He then though saw The Beast. He sat at the biggest bonfire. He sat menacingly on his wooden throne. The light of the fire catching on his mask and illuminating his eyes. They looked though as if they were on fire. He studied this menacing figure. This king of bandits, lord of rogues, and leader to the Kir’torei. This Beast. Why was The Beast so interested in him? Lyneth never did consider himself attractive. He had never even been with anyone before man or woman. But of course he never really wanted be with a woman. The only relationship he wanted with a woman is friendship.
Lyneth stepped to the next branch feeling he has lingered here too long. When he stepped from the branch a pile of snow fell from the branch and on a man sitting right of The Beast. The whole camp looked up at Lyneth. But the only person he looked to was The Beast.
“Hello up there. Two attempts in one night I’m flattered.” The Beast said his big voice echoing in the silent woods.
“Hello Beast I’m sorry I cannot stay but as I said before I have business in the capitol.” Lyneth said as he ran atop of the branches. Keeping his footing steady. He could hear The Beast roar in frustration and the hunt was on. He could hear the pounding of boots against the ground below. He continued to run the branches bending and then lifting up as fast as he ran. He then had to jump from branch to branch using the air currents to keep him afloat as he jumped through the branches like a squirrel almost dancing through the trees. Lyneth ran till bam he found himself falling through the branches crashing through them. Then bam he hit the ground. Luckily the ground was covered in fresh snow. So his fall was broken by it but the crashing through the branches still hurt.
The Beast picked him up and held him by his arms. Lyneth looked weary at the beast he felt as if though all his breath had been stolen away from his lungs and replaced by rocks. His chest felt heavy and sore.
“Your quick little Fox I’ll give you that, but it takes more than quickness to get pass me.” The Beast said
“Just let me go and I’ll slink back to my village.” Lyneth said weary he did not feel like putting up a fight this time.
“Hold on I’ll make you another offer. Stay with me for one night and I’ll let you pass.” The Beast said
“Never.” Lyneth said coldly.
“Hold on your reward is greater as well, you can go through the pass free as long as I hold it never have to spend the night with me again never have to pay after this night.” The Beast said
Lyneth did start to consider this, consider his proposal. But if he did accept his proposal he would abandoning a sacred belief of Hylias be true to the one you love never have more than one mate in your life time. If he was to accept The Beasts proposal he would become his one mate for life. Never could he allow that to happen.
“No.” Lyneth said
Two men escorted Lyneth back home, and made sure he stayed in the village Lyneth for sure did not like this.

+++

The Beast laughed at the little fox’s last attempt to get pass him. But there seemed to be something unnatural by the way he moved through the trees with the slightest of ease. Like magic almost. But no not a common peasant boy from a Hylia village could have magic.
“He’s a persistent little devil, don’t you think.” Karvel said with a grin as he sat next to The Beast by the fire.
“He is indeed, but why is he so persistent?” The Beast asked
“Because he’s more than likely a common dove just looking to get work in the capital.” Karvel said
“No he’s not, Hylia’s don’t become doves far too proud for that sort of work.” The Beast said
“Then he must have some sort of mate back at the capital. No doubt a man.” Karvel said with a grin
It was true that Fox was more feminine than most men he had seen. But many Hylia men were like that. None could grow beards and they were naturally thin. But still Fox seemed different from the rest. He had a fire in him that The Beast liked.
He kept his mind on Fox it had been a while since he known the touch of another person, too long. Ever since the curse was bestowed upon him all reject him that way not even doves or flowers will sleep with him.
But he could not think about such things right now. He had to get his band of thieves back in order.

+++

Lyneth looked over at the fading sun if he didn’t leave by tomorrow his place in the academy would be taken and he would never become a fully pledged mystic. Lyneth went to the tavern, he ordered spiced hylia after spice hylia. He wanted to get good and drunk before he went to go see The Beast. Lyneth stumbled out of the bar with a flask filled with rum. He sipped on it as he made his way up to the camp. When he reached the border of the camp several bandits stopped him.
“I want to see your leader.” He stammered out.
Ten minutes later The Beast stood before Lyneth.
“Well little Fox what can I do for you?” The Beast asked in a smug tone.
“I reconsidered your offer, you can have me for a night, just as long as I get to leave as soon as you’re done with me and I never have to see the likes of you again.” Lyneth muttered out in a slurred speech as he took more sips of rum.
“Are you drunk?” The Beast asked in a surprise tone.
“I want to be good and drunk before I let you do…do whatever you want to me. I don’t want to remember anything about tonight.”
“You are a strange little creature Fox.” The Beast said with a chuckle
“This offer only last for the next minute decide fast before I change my mind.” Lyneth said anger in his voice and then at last finishing off his flask of rum.
“Okay little Fox. Follow me.” The Beast said
Lyneth stumbled behind The Beast barley able to walk, constantly stumbling. Eventually The Beast picked him up and carried him to his yurt.
“Lyneth.” Lyneth said
“What?” The Beast said.
“You wanted to know my name, its Lyneth that was part of your deal now you cannot say I’m not a man of my word.” Lyneth said as he got lighted headed. He felt faint and eventually lost all feeling in his legs. He fell on the soft pile of furs, and before anything else could happen Lyneth fell asleep.

+++

The Beast stared at Fox, no not Fox, Lyneth. The Beast knew what his name meant, it meant beautiful. The Beast could not take advantage of Lyneth not after he knew this beauties name. He stared at the beauty as he slept. Remarkable this creature was, confident, and hot headed, but yet had a sense of honor and kindness to him. Day broke at last and Lyneth woke up abruptly. The Beast looked at him.
“Is it over?” He asked frighten and not even looking the beast in the eye.
“We never did anything, and we don’t have to. You can use the pass at any time you like no charge. You won’t even have to see me.” The Beast said
“Why? What has changed?” Lyneth asked
“My respect for you, it would be a shame to take advantage of you. I am sorry for my despicable behavior you don’t deserve to be treated like that.” The Beast said shame in his voice.
“Thank you.” Lyneth said
“You are welcome, please you may go.” The Beast said still ashamed of himself, how he treated Lyneth was how he treated his people in his homeland the reason why he was cursed and banished.
Lyneth got up and was about to leave when he kneeled down and ever so lightly kissed the Beast on his lips.
“There the deal is officially complete.” Lyneth said with a smile.
“You truly are a man of your word.” The Beast said as he watched Lyneth leave.
The Beast wished that Lyneth would have stayed with him, even if he hadn’t made the offer. But The Beast knew that Lyneth deserved better than anything he had to offer. Nothing but a life on the run from the law and to be a miserable beast’s husband.