Status: Active

Secrets of an Angel

Chapter 1

Falling in love with him was like learning how to fly, exciting and scary at the same time but then I realized that no matter how hard we try humans can't fly.

So that's why we always fall in love.

Don't you just hate how Disney movies make love look so easy and beautiful? like one minute your strolling in the woods, picking flowers and talking to birds and then BAM! You bump into a complete stranger, instantly fall in love, get married and live happily ever after. But in reality it's a hole different story.

"Angel Hun, please stop daydreaming and finish laying the table" my mother walks over to me and drops an army of knifes and forks on the kitchen table, "put these in place Hun".

"Ok" I moan, standing up from my chair and grabbing the cutlery I continue to lay the table.

My mom is a very small petite woman, with short blonde hair just a darker shade than mine and sparkly blue eyes. She worries a lot about me, maybe it's because I'm the youngest or something I don't know.

"Oh and don't forgot to clean your room, after all we are having family over" she huffs, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ears putting her hearing aids on display.

"Oh silly me I didn't know we were going to have lunch in my room" I say sarcastically, rolling my green eyes.

"Watch your tongue" she snaps, pointing a finger at me.

I giggle, laying another set of knifes and forks down making sure they was perfectly straight. Both me and my mom talked with a slush, a little like Sid the slough from the ice age. I have trouble pronouncing and letter that starts with an 's' and I also stutter a little but that's getting better.

"Right so the foods cooking nicely, tables set, kids are dressed in their best clothes, house is clean part from Angels room, Danny and the rest of his lot are going to be here in last than an hour, what else is their to do?" My mother mutters, going over the cutlery I had just laid making sure they were all up to her standards.

"How about s-s-stop s-stressing?" I laugh, walking over to her side of the table.

"You've stopped saying your rhymes haven't you!" She scolds, "your stutter is getting ridiculously out of hand".

"Mom that was just one...sentence its actually getting better" I smile, pausing before I said 'sentence' so I could pronounce it without struggle.

"Don't be so silly baby it's getting worse" she laughs, grabbing hold of my cheeks and scrunching my face up.

"Mom I'm not a b-b-ba" i huff, pulling her hand away from my face, "im not a baby, I will be 16 s-soon and then i will be a man".

"Oh baby do shut up your making me sound old" she laughs, softly slapping the Side of my cheek.

"Honey I'm home!" My dads voice rings throughout the hole of the house followed by the laughter of the rest of our family.

"Oh shoot there home early!" she gasps, pushing pass me she hurries to the hallway.

I stand there in the same spot awkwardly, thinking if I should join them or not, my mom will probably drag them into the living room first so she can finish off the cooking.

I hear laughs and unfamiliar voices in the hallway as my mom greets them and then their voices fade a little, probably gone into the living room now.

Its only on very rare occasions that my dads family come to visit, in fact I haven't seen them since I was 4 years old.

I decide that now would be a good time to join them after all I can't avoid them forever. Walking around the table I enter the hallway and walk straight across heading for the living room. I hear their voices as I get closer to the door, I'm not really sure what their all talking about but I hear my name so I decide to walk in.

"Speak of the devil" my dad laughs, pointing to me. My dad was the backbone of the family, he was a hard working man so that meant he didn't really spend that much time with us. He has light brown hair and my pale blue eyes, I'm sure he was handsome back in the day but now he's really starting to age.

"Fuck this is angel?" A young man stands up from the sofa with a can of beer in his hand and walks over to me. He slides a finger under my chin, tilting me head up so I made eye contact with him. I couldn't name the color of his eyes, they started off as a dirty green but as I looked closer they turned to a golden brown, swamp like almost. "Last time I saw you, you were eating mud at your 4th birthday party" he chuckles, removing his finger from my chin, "I bet you don't even know who I am". He takes a sip of his beer as he slowly studies my face.

"Y-your one of my uncles right?" I ask, he looked a little like my dad except he had a much smaller nose and perfect shaped lips, his hair was also a lot more nicer shade of brown.

"Yes I am" he smiles, showing me all of his pearly whites, "I'm the gay one by the way, just in case you was wondering".

My mother gives him a look to kill before she stands up and walks over to me.

"Baby come say hello to your grandparents they've been dying to see you" she says, grabbing hold of my arm and pulling me over to them.

"Yeah they have like literally been dying to see you!" My uncle laughs and my mother rolls her eyes annoyed by his childish ways.

I look back though to find my uncle flashing me another smile before quickly winking his right eye. I blink a little shocked at his actions but then he soon takes another swig of his beer acting like nothing happened.

And at that very moment I felt like I had just fallen into my very own Disney movie.

Shit...