Status: CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN

Good Intentions

Thoughts

"I hate being a bother, but do you have any water?" I asked, and Colby smiled at me. He was definitely cute for a country boy. But I had to get those thoughts out of my head. I didn't know him at all, and for all I knew, he could be severely homophobic. Something in me told me he wasn't homophobic, but I couldn't be so sure. Plus, I had just met him, so I didn't know if that would creep him out. I surely didn't want to do that, especially since he saved my life.

"Of course, I'll be right back with a bottle." he said with the sweetest smile, and it actually warmed my heart.

But I knew I wasn't going to be with them for a long time. I was going to take all their things. The only problem with that is I'm going to have to sacrifice all of them. Yeah, I was definitely a very selfish person, but they had weapons upon weapons. I needed those weapons to survive, and their place was amazing.

When Colby returned with the water, I smiled and thanked him. I couldn't believe that they had saved my life, so what I had planned for them made me feel guilty.

"Hey, Colby?" I called out before he walked out of the room.

"Yeah, Tucker?" he asked, and I quickly smiled.

"Thank you for saving my life, I owe you," I smiled, and he smiled back.

Shaking his head, he said, "You don't owe me anything. We saved you because you now have a new family. us."

This made me tear up, and that was because my "Friends" never said anything like that to me.

It was going to make betraying them so much harder than before. I didn't want to betray them when he said that, but I have to. I have to in order to survive this apocalypse. They have food, guns, water, amo, and shelter. I didn't have anything with my "Friends". They didn't give me any of their things, and so I had to fend for myself. So I tried finding the right time to betray them. But I guess it wasn't the right time since I was caught. I had pushed Brian and Jordan into the herd, and in all honesty, I wasn't sorry. I was sorry because I was caught doing it.

It was only a matter of time before it was their time to be betrayed. I wasn't going to enjoy it, and I knew that right off the bat. They were kind people, and I was evil and selfish. I wanted everything to myself, and I deserved to be torn apart by the things that walked the earth.

Deep down, I was scared, and I felt alone. Even though I knew that wasn't the case, I just felt that way. Ever since my family was turned, and that I was forced to kill them. I couldn't believe that they were gone, and now I was alone in this big, bad world.

Well, hopefully I would have a change of heart. But I doubt it.