Status: CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN

Good Intentions

Karma

"They live in Kentucky," I lied, and almost everyone's jaw dropped.

"Dude, we are not going to make it there. We'll end up dead before we get there!" someone said, but I wasn't paying attention to who it was.

"They actually built a house underground, especially for this. They stocked it up with years worth of food, water, entertainment, bathroom supplies, etc. We'd be set for the next ten years." I lied again, just to try and get them to go.

"Okay, we'll go. On one condition." someone else said, and I leaned in closer to hear what he was going to say.

"If you lead the way." he said, and I nodded. Colby and I switched places, and I began to drive. Thankfully I knew how to drive.

I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss, and it was starting to make me feel guilty. Why would I do this to them, especially if they're so willing to help me. I just couldn't believe I was really going to do this. They didn't deserve this, but I did. I deserved whatever was going to happen to me in the future, and I wasn't going to try and stop it.

For about fifteen minutes, I was silent while everyone else was talking. I didn't know how they had things to talk about, seeing as there was nothing to do. Me on the other hand, had absolutely nothing to talk about. That was until Colby turned to me and smiled. Smiling back, I felt even more guilty than before.

"How're you holding up?" he asked me, and I gave him a faint smile.

"Eh, I'm just thinking about my cousins. You?" I asked, and he placed his hand on my thigh.

"I'm doing okay, just thinking."

"About?" I asked, and he smirked.

"You."

We then started talking about our families, and it made me feel like an ultra dick. I couldn't go through with this anymore, but how was I going to get out of this? Then I remembered that my cousins and I did in fact build that. But I had forgotten where it was in the yard. I think it started in the backyard, behind the shed, and it was like a house underground. It took us five whole summers to finish it, but it was definitely worth it.

Thankfully, I didn't feel guilty anymore, and I could continue on this trip. Colby and I started to talk about our ex-boyfriends.

"So yeah, I haven't really had the best of luck with boyfriends." I admitted, and he gave me a strange look.

"How so?" he asked, and I sighed before saying anything.

"Well, they would beat me, cheat on me, use me, verbally abuse me, and they didn't love me at all." I said, and he frowned.

"I'm sorry, Tuck. I wish they didn't do those things to you." he apologized, and I shook my head.

"Not your fault, Colby." I smiled, and he smiled back at me.

I was starting to like him a lot, but I was afraid. I was afraid that he was going to lose interest in me. Even though that wasn't the case, I still was scared.

"Tucker, I want you to know, I'd never do that to you." he assured me, and that made me feel a whole lot better.

"I know, and thank you." I said with a smile, and he smiled back.

Our little love fest was cut short when we saw the herd of those things. I parked the car, and we all got out.

There was a car parked a little ways away, and I ran to it. This was stupid of me, but I knew it was going to be a risk I had to take. Thankfully it was unlocked, and I opened the trunk. I was shocked to see a lot of weapons such as axes, machetes, and a lot more. I waved for them to come over here, but they wouldn't.

The herd was going away, but one of them was approaching me from behind. I didn't see it coming, but I reached out my arm, and it bit me. Instantly, Colby took his gun that had the silencer on it, and shot the damn thing.

Lucky for me, that a guy in the group knew exactly what to do. So before I could scream in pain, Colby ran over and covered my mouth. He took an axe, and chopped my arm off to stop the infection from spreading. My arm wouldn't stop bleeding, and that started to attract the herd.

"We have a slight problem, guys." someone said, but I couldn't tell who said it.

There was a kit in the trunk to do stitches, and that's what he grabbed. By this time, I had passed out from pain, and shock. All I remember after that was them finishing the stitches, and putting in the back of the truck. Once they did, I could hear gunshots upon gunshots as I went in and out of consciousness. I thought I was going to die there, but I didn't. I knew I was one armed now, but I was just happy I was still alive.

"It's okay Tucker, you're going to be okay," Ama reassured me, and I smiled faintly.

"I know, Ama. I know." I said as she held my hand for comfort. I was just really glad that she was there comforting me as the guys killed the herd.

That was when I passed out.