Status: CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN

Good Intentions

The Drive

After we finished shooting the herd down, I picked up Tucker. He had lost a lot of blood and it worried me. I sat him in the middle of the front seat. Then I got in the driver's side and let his head rest on my shoulder. Everyone else got in and I started the truck.

"How do you know where to go?" Ama asked me.

"He said Kentucky. I know how to get there. I'll hop on the highway and head there." I told her.

I put the truck in drive and started driving towards the highway, getting off at the proper exit.

We drove for four or five hours before I stopped and told Batholomew to fill up the gas tank.

As he did, I wrapped my arm around Tucker's waist, pulling him closer. He lost so much blood back there, I didn't want him to die.

Batholomew got back in the bed of the truck and I started driving again.

We were driving for another hour before Tucker woke up.

"Hey hun." I said

"W-what?" He said, looking at me.

"I said hey" I chuckled "You were passed out for a good six hours."

He looked at me then down at his arm.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it" I kissed the top of his head and changed to a whisper "and don't worry I still love you"

"Alright" He smiled "How do you know how to get to Kentucky?"

"I have friends there, plus I used to live there, so I'm used to taking this route to get there. I figured from here, once you wake up and have some time to think, you can drive, if you're up to it." I said

"I need some time" he paused "I'll just tell you where to go"

I rubbed his side and let my hand rest there. He didn't bother moving.

I couldn't stop thinking about everything. He was such an amazing, yet devious person. I had a feeling he was lying, but I'm going a long with it anyway to see if he'll change his mind.

He rested his head on my shoulder, and wrapped his existing arm around me.

I kept driving until the sun started to set and then I pulled off at one of the exits and we found an empty building to sleep in. Borka kept watch that night since he slept on the way here.

We all laid down on the floor, we had some blankets with us so they were laid down beneath us. I waited until everyone was asleep. Borka was still in the front and he was supposed to stay there so luckily he wouldn't see.

I pulled Tucker close to me, he rested his head on my chest and I smiled. He looked up at me and smiled back.

I couldn't help it, I kissed him again. Deeper, and more passionately this time though.

I pulled away and blushed because I realized I had a boner. Luckily it was dark enough that he couldn't see it.

I held him close and we both fell asleep.

***

That morning I was the first person up. I slowly moved from under Tucker and went to go see Borka.

"How was it overnight Borka?" I asked

"It vas boring. Zere vas no sign of ze zombies" He said.

"Alright." I said.

I walked back into the room.

"Everyone up!" I yelled. "Time to set off!"

They all got up and put everything back in the truck and we set off. This time I was holding Tucker's hand as I drove.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ughh I love this chapter in so many ways.

I hope y'all like it.

xxx
~Sam