Status: 2/26

Baseborn

no two sons

Margaery Tyrell was a woman who knew what she wanted, and her want was to be the Queen. Not a Queen, but the Queen. She dutifully married Renly Baratheon, then Joffrey Baratheon when her first marriage ended with his death, and when her second husband was poisoned at his own wedding feast, she knew marrying a third Baratheon would be risky. Her wedding to Tommen Baratheon was a simple affair compared to the one she and Joffrey had, and when it was all over with, it was time to consummate the marriage. Despite this being husband number three, neither of her previous husbands had been given the chance to take her maidenhead.

Being the Queen gave her a thrill and she ensured her new husband was completely satisfied, knowing that her power would grow the longer she kept him happy. When they had been married for four months, whispers reached her ears that her new husband had been gifted a prostitute for a night and she resolved to end that, taking to his bed nightly to prevent him from straying any further.

It worked and by their eighth month of marriage, she was gleefully with child. She knew that once this child was born, if the Gods blessed them with a son, she would not need her husband to remain as the Queen. Should anything happen to him, she would become Queen Regent and retain the position she had been born to have. However, one son would not be enough for her, for she knew infant mortality was a common occurrence, so Margaery was prepared to give the King as many sons as she could.

However, she had not been with child for long when she discovered that the prostitute her husband had welcomed into his bed was also with child, and was further along than she was. Enraged, she wrote to her grandmother, Olenna Tyrell, and paid the prostitute a visit with a phial of Moon tea. Her attempt to rid the prostitute of the child was futile and she knew her husband would not understand her concern if she shared it with him. He was too kind-hearted to harm anyone, which, although was a blessing for her, was the very reason he would not do what she wanted.

So she waited. While she waited she grew heavy with child and it became common knowledge throughout the realm that the King and Queen were expecting what maesters were saying would be a son. She sought to quell rumours of Tommen's bastard from spreading further than necessary, and even when it was time for her to confine herself to the Red Keep, she received news of the prostitute daily. Though a bastard child would never be a threat to her trueborn son, Margaery was not a woman who would tolerate her husband having a child with another woman, even if that child would never be acknowledged. She smiled and played naive to her husband's activity, but the night she received word that the prostitute was giving birth, she sent away her handmaidens and paced her chamber.

Daybreak was nearing when there was a knock upon her door and she handed the man a bag of coins. He slunk away into the shadows and Margaery was able to rejoice in the knowledge that her son would live in the world that Tommen's bastard had only breathed only one breath of.

Margaery would do anything to ensure that she got what she wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
oops my margaery love is showing~