I Am Quiet No Longer

Hide and Seek in Brazil

Jasmine sighed happily, relaxing in the sun after a long splash fight with the boys.

"No, Jasmine! This is not a time to rest. We have to go to the skate park!"

Jasmine groaned, "Bam, I just laid down! Go without me!"

"We can't Jazz, someone will steal you," Dunn explained.

She rolled her eyes in response, "I'm not four, Dunn."

There was silence as the boys stared at Jasmine.

"Well, technically," she said, sticking her tongue out at them.

Raab laughed, "You're about as mature as a four year old."

"Oh? Well, if I'm a four year old, you're a two year old!" Jasmine pouted, crossing her arms in mock anger.

Bam rolled his eyes, "Well, I'm going to the skate park. I'll be back later to meet Bob when his plane comes in."

Bam left with the guys, only Raab, Rake, and Dico stayed behind. The three weren't too big on going to skate parks.

"We need to do something," Dico said, unable to sit still.

Jasmine groaned, "I just wanna sleep, Dico."

"Let's play hide and seek!"

"On the beach, Dico?" Rake asked, "What are you gonna do, hide in the water?"

Dico pulled a face, "No, dumb ass, I meant hide and seek in the whole city."

"That'd be fun," Raab said, nodding in agreement.

"Then it's settled," Dico said, disregarding Jasmine's protest, "Rake and I will be a team. You two are together."

"Awesome!" Raab said, excited.

"Anyone have a quarter?" Dico asked.

To everyone's extreme discomfort, Rake reached into his speedo and pulled out a quarter, and attempted to hand it to Dico.

Dico stepped back, "I'm not touching that, man. You do it. If it's heads, we hide first. If it's tails, you guys do."

Despite Jasmine's crossed fingers, the coin landed on tails.

She groaned, having planned to continue her napping on the beach as the two boys hid.

Dico looked at his watch, "How about we give you fifteen minutes to hide?"

"Okay!" Raab said, grabbing Jasmine's hand, "Let's go!"

They began walking around town, searching for the best place to hide.

"Where would they least expect us to hide?" Raab asked, looking through all the stores.

"The Disney store!" Jasmine exclaimed, pointing to the colorful store.

They reached the store and found a corner at the back of the store with shelves of stuffed animals.

Raab sat down while Jasmine silently pulled a rack of clothes in front of them to block not only Dico and Rake from seeing them, but also preventing the store employees from kicking them out.

"Now what?" Raab asked, leaning against the wall of stuffed toys.

"We wait," Jasmine said, examining the wall, and recognizing characters from her childhood.

"Look, there's Oliver!" she said, excitedly, pointing to the animal.

"Who?" Raab questioned, following her gaze to see that she was referring to a small stuffed orange cat.

"Oliver from Oliver and Company," she said, taking the cat from the shelf, "It's my favorite classic Disney movie."

"I can't say I've ever heard of it," Raab said, watching her look at the stuffed animal affectionately.

"Oh, it's the best," she said, "I'll rent it some day and watch it with you."

They began to look around the shelves again, talking about each Disney movie they loved as children.

Raab's favorite was The Lion King, and he admitted to crying like a baby when Mufasa died.

"Oh, I did, too," Jasmine said, "I cried during the Little Mermaid, too."

Raab thought about for a moment, "I can't remember any sad parts in the Little Mermaid"

Jasmine smiled, "The song Part of Your World always got to me. And then when her dad destroyed her statue, I just bawled."

After a few more minutes of reminiscing, Raab checked his watch.

"We've been in here for about forty five minutes," he said, "they should be far from the base now. We can run back to base now, I'm sure."

They moved the rack of clothes back into place and crept out of the store, receiving many strange looks from employees and shoppers.

They traveled through city, heading toward the beach, always keeping a look out for the rival pair.

Soon, they arrived at the beach.

"This is the hard part," Raab said, "There's no where to hide if they spot us before we reach base. So we gotta haul ass."

Jasmine nodded, and scanned the beach again, unable to spot Dico or Rake.

"Let's go!" Raab whispered, and they both took off running toward the beach chair and towels.

Half way to their destination, Raab saw Rake out of the corner of his eye.

"Run faster!" Raab said, and they both began pushing as hard as possible with their legs, the sand making it difficult to run.

Fortunately, they both dived to reach the towel seconds before Rake reached them.

Jasmine cheered while Rake cursed them, kicking at the sand angrily.

"I hate you guys," Rake said, getting out his cell phone to inform Dico that they had lost.

Soon, Dico arrived back at the beach, and the group played multiple rounds until night fell.

After they met up with Bam, they returned to their hotel rooms.

Jasmine collapsed on the freshly made hotel bed, exhausted from their long day of children games.

"I am absolutely starving," she said, rolling over to dresser by the bed and grabbing the hotel menu.

She scanned through the menu and found a list of every food imaginable.

She grinned over at Raab, "You think Bam will mind if we charge it to his bill?"

Raab chuckled, "Not at all."

A few minutes after Jasmine placed the call, a hotel worker knocked on the door. Jasmine opened it to allow the cart of food to enter the room.

The boy looked at the cart full of food, giving them a curious look.

Jasmine gave him sheepish look, "We've had a long day. We're starving."

The boy nodded knowingly as Jasmine tipped him, and left the two alone with their abundance of food.

They grabbed whatever they desired of the cart, and began searching through the hotel channels to find something amusing to watch as they ate.

Soon, they had eaten to the point their stomachs were so full, another bite wasn't possible.

Jasmine sighed contently, glad to have her belly full. She laid down on the cool pillow, trying to keep focus on the movie playing on the screen.

Despite her efforts, her eyes slipped closed, and she dozed off.

Raab looked over, and smiled lightly. She was still in her swim suit, and he wasn't sure if he should wake her and let her change into her pajamas.

He looked her over, and couldn't bring himself to bring her out of her peaceful state.

Raab put up all the food, and turned off the TV. He put a blanket over Jasmine, and got into bed beside her, letting his eyes close as he attempted to shut off his brain to sleep.

To his surprise, Jasmine rolled over on her side, and snuggled into his chest.

He slipped his hand into hers, and fell asleep with a smile on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys! I've been real busy with the school's community service club called Key Club. We do a lot for the community.
I hope you guys like it!
Thank to crys and rawr_itsheather for commenting! :]