I Am Quiet No Longer

Trifling in Brazil.

Jasmine woke up from her long nap to the sound of her phone vibrating. She rubbed her bleary eyes and yawned before she flipped her phone open, "Hello?"

"Yo, it's Bam. Novak's not answering his phone, but you guys said you would meet us when Bob's plane arrives, and he's almost here."

Jasmine sat up and stretched, "Okay, I'll go get him and we'll be there in a few," she said, and then the line went dead.

She chuckled, "So much for goodbyes."

She got up and washed her face before fetching a fast asleep Novak from his room, and heading down to the beach.

"Sleep well, sweetheart?"

Jasmine smiled happily, "Just fine, yeah. Thanks for talking to Raab for me, I feel so relieved. I thought I had made him mad."

Novak put his arm around her, "No problem at all, Jazzybabe."

Jasmine giggled at her new nickname, "So what are we doing after we meet Bob?"

Novak shrugged, "Whatever Bam has planned, I guess."

Jasmine blew her bangs out of her face, "This is gonna be fun," she said sarcastically.

-|=|-

As they approached the beach, Jasmine felt a wave of shyness wash over her as she saw Raab. All the boys were sitting in circle on the beach around another circle, which appeared to be clothes. But Jasmine was distracted by the strange scene when when her stomach tightened with nerves. She knew Raab wasn't mad at her, but the very brief rift in their friendship left Jasmine hesitant.

She decided to sit on the other side of Novak, so he was in between her and Raab. He was looking her way, but she was avoiding eye contact. In her peripheral vision, she saw him lean in toward Novak and whisper something.

Novak turned his attention towards her, but was interrupted when Bam started pointing toward the sky where Bob Burnquist was making his elaborate entrance.

After Bob was introduced to everyone, he stated that it was time to give everyone, namely Vito, the Brazilian experience.

-|=|-

After walking through the Brazilian rainforest, the group reached the waterfalls that Bob wanted to see. Unfortunately, Vito was not as appreciative as the rest of the crew, and Bam pulled Raab aside and asked him to take Vito off of his hands.

Jasmine was busy taking pictures of the beautiful waterfalls, and was caught by surprise when someone pulled her by the waist.

She looked up, startled, and saw Raab smiling down at her.

"Yes?" she said, uncertainly.

"Wanna baby sit Vito with me?" he asked, not at all uncomfortable with the close proximity between them.

Jasmine thought for a moment, the idea of staying with Vito was unpleasant, but she knew she would feel bad if she left Raab all by himself with only Vito for company.

"Sure, but what are we doing with him?" Jasmine asked, taking a step back.

Raab shrugged, "Bam and the guys are going to go on a boat ride through the falls, and then we're suppose to meet them at a skate park. Are you hungry? We could go eat somewhere."

Jasmine made a face at the prospect of eating with Vito and his lack of table manners, "Can we leave Vito at the beach while you and I eat?"

The charming grin that Jasmine had grown to love spread over Raab's face as he took her hand in his.

"Sounds perfect."

-|=|-

After eating a nice late lunch with Raab, Jasmine brooded over having to find Vito again. She was having such a nice time with Raab, she wasn't eager to locate the blundering idiot Bam called his uncle. Raab's feelings seemed to mirror Jasmine's, for he took her hand in his as they left the restaurant and said, "This has been nice, hasn't it?"

Jasmine smiled at the ground, nodding, "Yes. I really don't want to go back to the guys right now."

To her surprise, Raab didn't look at her in shock. He simply nodded in agreement, and ran him thumb along the side of her hand.

Unfortunately, Vito found them. He rambled on about the man Jasmine and Raab had left him with.

Jasmine rolled her eyes at the enormous man.

"Shut up, Vito. I figured since neither of y'all guys spoke a word of English, you would get along fine," Jasmine said, smiling when Raab chuckled.

Eventually, after much confused searching, Jasmine found the skate park where Bam was skating with Bob.

"Novie!" Jasmine said, excited to see her favorite friend.

He smiled up at her from his spot on the ground, "Hi Jazzybabe. Having fun with Raab?"

Jasmine sat on the ground next to him and nodded, "Yeah. Having fun skating?"

Novak shrugged, "Yeah, I guess. It's just so fucking hot, I'm burning up."

"Awh, you should've come to eat with Raaby and I. It was really cool in the restaurant," Jasmine said, her eyes unconsciously finding Raab.

Novak raised an eyebrow at his female friend, "Do I have some competition, Jazzy?"

"No!" Jasmine said, but she could feel her face warming as she blushed.

"Sure, sweetheart, whatever you say," Novak said, an evil glint in his eye.

Jasmine rolled her eyes and turned her attention to Bam and saw that he and Vito were making a bet to see who could get to Cristo first.

Novak was listening as well, "I'm on Bam's team. There's no way he can lose."

Jasmine rolled her eyes again, "Yeah, because he'll cheat! I'm going with Vito, Glomb, and Rake."

"And Raab," Novak added with a smirk.

Jasmine punched Novak hard in his chest just when Raab came over. He raised an eyebrow at Novak who was groaning and massaging his chest, "Are you coming with us, Jazzy?"

Jasmine tried to hold in her grin, not wanting to give Novak something else to rub in her face, "Sure! But only if you give me a piggy back ride the whole way."

Raab smiled and bowed like a performer, "Yes ma'am."

Jasmine grinned at the camera, giggling, "Always such a gentleman!"

Raab chuckled and allowed the blonde girl to climb on his back.

"You're like a feather!" he said, jumping to emphasize her lack of weight.

Jasmine grimaced and readjusted herself, wrapping her arms loosely around Raab's shoulders and rested her cheek against his neck.

"You smell good, Raaby," she said, nestling her face against his shoulder.

"What do I smell like?" he asked, smiling.

"Like a boy."

"Is that good?"

Jasmine nodded, "It'd be weird if you smelt like a girl."

Raab chuckled, "Come on, let's get Vito's fat ass to Cristo."

"Lead the way," Jasmine said, beaming with happiness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiii guys. :]