Status: Work in Progress

Forever Changed

Chapter 1: First Encounter

He was the least attractive guy. He had three lip piercings, a cuff on his right ear, and big stud diamonds in each ear. He had his hair up in a mountain on his head and wore cuff bracelets with his nearly there tank, jeans, and vest. His shoes were well worn and almost useless on his feet. He always looked like he was scowling.
He spend all his time at the arcade, on the bottom floor containing pool tables. The arcade was two floors. Main was for video games. The bottom was for pool and card games.
He intrigued me He didn’t have the aura of a bad person, just someone who wished to be left alone. Why did he spend all his time away from people? What was his name?
My father took over the arcade. He had them all over the United States. I was always with him, transferring schools a lot. I ended up doing online schooling while my father worked. I was at the point where I was done with high school degree and working on a college degree. Thankfully, I did dual credit during high school. I was almost done, I just needed two more credits.
My father would pay me to be in the arcade and interact with the customers. I never went downstairs. In my mind, it was for more brooding, dark, older people. I was always scared that someone would be losing a game and strangle me for asking if he needed anything.
I met him the first day we moved in. I was doing schoolwork on my computer at the front desk when he walked in. He looked at me as if I was a ghost that just showed up out of nowhere. He walked past me. Not a few seconds after, a bunch of kids came in. As usual, I walked around and monitored. He came up the stairs and saw me again, this time more of interest. I glanced at him and then went back to walking around. We didn’t talk for the first couple weeks.
Was I supposed to say something first? What would I say to a stranger? Ask him why he was looking at me with so much interest. Why he wasn’t informed that my father and I were coming. I ended up not saying anything.