Distance

The moment we met

This was the day that my world changed forever. The day that Devon became more than a visit to see my cousin. The day were i first met kai.

It all started with a tedious six hour journey in a hot car. My Mums old music was pouring out of the speakers and the sun was shining through the window heating the car with every passing second. I wasn't allowed to open the window because my Mum hated bugs flying in, and of course the air conditioning had be broken for about five months now. Every so often my phone would light up because my cousin would be texting to see if we were nearly there and every time i would reply with "sorry stuck in traffic!"

"Who keeps texting you?" my mum queried. "do you have a boyfriend?" she gasped. whenever my phone went off more than 4 times or i smiled at my screen she would always presume i had a boyfriend.
"No Mum, Its Niamh asking if we are nearly there." I replied bluntly. She raised her eyebrows then turned the music up.

When we finally Pulled up in front their house they were waiting outside smiling. It was half past nine in the evening. I pushed open the car door and stepped outside immediately welcomed by a hug from my cousin.
"Hi! I've missed you!" She Smiled.
"I've missed you too." i replied not quite as happily as her. She was my cousin and I loved her but she could get quite annoying at times. we all went inside with bags in our arms and set them down on the floor.
"Niamh!!!" a scream echoed from the kitchen. "Did you eat the chicken Goujons that were in the fridge?!" they hissed. Niamh bit her lip then slowly edged her way towards the kitchen and re-approached with a ten pound note.
"I have to go to the shops...you wanna come??" she requested. I nodded and followed her back out of the door. There was a Tesco express just down the road from her house that was open 24/7.
"There might be a few people from my school hanging around by Tesco...Just warning you." she yawned.

When we got to Tesco there was a few people standing outside with energy drinks in there hands. what i didn't realize at that moment in time was that one of them was the love of my life; Kai.

"Go in and get the stuff i want to talk to my friends." she gestured to the door. She handed me the money and I went in, bought more chicken then came out again.
"Here's the change." I sighed.

While Niamh talked to them i just stood there. after about three minutes i realized one of the boy's in the back was staring at me. I raised my eyebrows at him and he just half smiled back which made me giggle slightly. Niamh turned and stared at me.
"Why are you laughing?" She spat. I shrugged my shoulders and looked down. Niamh said goodbye to the group then we turned and started heading back. It felt like someone was following me so i turned to see that same boy about ten steps away.
"Why are you following me?" I smiled. He went to speak but stopped himself and stood for a few seconds before actually speaking. "My mother always told me to follow my dreams." He said with a smirk.
"Go away kai, stop being creepy!" Niamh laughed. He was just about to turn when he looked at me in the eye and smiled.
"See you around." While he walked away i couldn't stop smiling, there was one word in my head at that moment "wow".