Distance

The next Morning

We wandered back, gave my uncle the chicken and went upstairs to her room. For the rest of the night all i could think of was the way he smiled at me; such an innocent little grin but yet it managed to pull my world down in a matter of seconds. How could one smile do so much but yet so little at the same time.

The next morning i woke to Niamh playing "Baby come my way" right next to my ear.
"Morning!" She bellowed. I grunted and turned away from the music. "We can meet Kai today if you want." My head turned to her and I raised my eyebrows.
"Can we?" I smiled eagerly awaiting her answer. Niamh frowned and nodded slowly. I could meet him again...That's when it hit me.

What if he thinks i'm ugly? or fat? or too nerdy? He only saw me in the dark when my hood was up. I decided then and there i wasn't going. Then Niamh decided it would be a good idea to face time him.

"Hey Kai!" She Smiled. "Charlie come on show your face!" I was trying to stay out of the line on camera but it's kind of hard when she's trying to get you in it.
"It's fine she doesn't need to." Kai laughed. "Anyway what are you guys up to today?" He continued.
His voice was like liquid gold pouring into my ear, I could listen to it all day long and not get bored.
"We could meet you..." She replied. "If you want to meet that is." He Nodded; His rich auburn hair moving slightly with the motion. They talked for a bit longer and then Niamh decided that we need to get ready so hung up.
"You and Kai suit each other!" She teased. I shook my head not wanting to show my feelings towards him.
"I don't think so.." I added quickly. Which was soon followed by Niamh raising her eyebrows.
"I'm not stupid...Iv'e see the way you look at him!" She giggled. I sighed and Went to get ready.

I was ready pretty quickly so I went downstairs to get a drink while Niamh finished getting changed. "Charlie!" Niamh called from upstairs. I went to the bottom of the staircase to see Niamh standing there in a knee high jet black dress which clung to her body. It faded to pink at the bottom and she was wearing pink pumps.
"Is this too much?" She questioned. My eyes widened.
"For Meeting Kai?? No don't be silly!" I spoke in a sarcastic tone. She looked down at her outfit then back at me.
"we're meeting Alex too." She Sighed the edges of her mouth curling into a smile. I looked up at her in confusion. "My....uh....Boyfriend that's not a boyfriend." She Exclaimed.
"Oh yeah that makes sense!" I laughed and she frowned at me. "It's fine then." I added.

As we headed out i suddenly started to worry about what i looked like. I was wearing pretty casual clothing; High waist black skinny jeans, a batman top, black boots and a hoodie. Was is too casual?
"I can't wait to see Alex!" She Sang in a cheery voice. I rolled my eyes.
"is what i'm wearing too casual?" I shattered the cheery atmosphere.