Status: 4/26

Dorne

of house martell

It was easy for the people of Dorne to want blood after the death of their beloved Elia and her children, but Prince Doran Martell was smarter than to let his emotions dictate his political manoeuvres. He mourned for his sister, a sibling gone before their time, and he kept his people away from conflict. He knew that many wanted him to raise arms against the Lannisters for the savage way they butchered his niece, nephew and sister, but he refused to act, and when many years later a betrothal was broached between his son Trystane and the Princess Myrcella Baratheon, he agreed to the arrangement.

While Cersei Lannister tried to reign as Queen Regent in King's Landing after her husband's death, Doran kept Dorne silent. His thoughts stayed his own and he was one step ahead of any plot that his daughter or brother came up with. Then an invite arrived, inviting him to court, and off went Oberyn, his brother. Though knowing that he was going for revenge, Doran knew that the Lannisters could not be trusted and dispatched his daughter Arianne to the North to treat with any of the Houses that would listen.

Doran Martell might have kept his cards to his chest but watching the other Great Houses fall into disarray was enough of a warning for him to heed.

Patience was key when it came to waiting for the fruition of actions, but when raven upon raven arrived bearing notes from his daughter, he knew it had not been for nought. Many Houses were unhappy with the Lannisters, especially after the butchering of their King in the North, and were willing to take up arms against them once again provided they had strong allies.

When news arrived from King's Landing of Oberyn's death, Doran knew that this time, he had to give his people what they wanted.

They were going to war.
♠ ♠ ♠
let's just pretend that he was able to take revenge on Oberyn's death like everyone wanted him to and ignore the way the show completely ruined dorne and the dornish in season five~