Status: 5/26

Tully

truth hurts

With his wedding feast over with, Edmure Tully knew it was time for the bedding ceremony with his new wife, Roslin Tully, née Frey. They were carried out of the hall and for a moment, Edmure had no worries over the marriage that had been born out of King Robb's vows being broken. He was going to be bedded with his new wife and then the the shaky alliance House Frey had with the King in the North would be secure once again.

However, before they could reach their bedchambers, Roslin stopped him, the tears that had appeared during the feast reappearing. "We cannot," she said, pulling him from the main walkway to their bedchamber and into a more narrow walkway.

"There is no need to be worried," he reassured her, assuming she was anxious about losing her maidenhead.

"My Lord father has betrayed King Robb," she blurted out, more tears sliding down her cheeks. "He means to take you prisoner."

"And King Robb?"

She shook her head. "My father has taken King Robb's slight personal and plans to murder him."

Though Edmure had known that Lord Walder Frey would not be likely to forget King Robb breaking his vow to wed one of his daughters, he had never once thought that it would lead to a betrayal of this magnitude. He had to do something to warn his king. As he went to step out of the walkway, Roslin stopped him. "Guards are already on their way to the bedchambers to arrest you. We must flee."

"What about King Robb?"

The girl let out a sob. "I'm sorry."

"And Catelyn?"

"We cannot help those who are at the feast."

It was difficult for Edmure to not return to the hall to help his own sister and his king, but he knew that he was one man and Walder Frey had dozens of men. Instead, he took heed of his new wife's words and reluctantly fled with her, keeping to the shadows as they made their way from the Twins. He was sure if they moved quickly and did not reveal their identities along the way, they would be able to make it safely back to Riverrun.

News of King Robb's death reached his ears as they travelled, and it was the news of his sister's death that made him hurry his wife along quicker. They reached Riverrun merely days after news of the Red Wedding had reached the castle.

If the Lannisters thought they had crushed all rebellious Houses with that slaughter, they had better think again.
♠ ♠ ♠
as the show hasn't mentioned edmure since the red wedding and changed jamie's plot so that he went to dorne instead of going near the twins and riverrun and seeing edmure, here's what happened in the show!verse that forgets about characters too often~