Status: 6/26

Valshe

king in the north

Robb Stark, eldest son of Lord Eddard Stark and King of the North, was a man of honour and when his mother promised Lord Walder Frey that he would wed a Frey bride to establish an alliance, he fulfilled his duty when he returned to the Twins.

His chosen bride is one of Lord Walder's daughters, the young Roslin Frey. When she was presented to Robb, he faced his duty with a kind smile and welcoming words. They wed before the Old Gods, where he took her under his protection, and that night their marriage was consummated and Roslin Frey became Roslin Stark.

As the War of Five Kings came to a bloody conclusion, Robb marched on King's Landing and freed it from Lannister rule. He took his father's words to mind and any execution that he passed outside of battle, he made sure he swung the sword. There were many innocent lives lost and to his horror, the Lannisters ensured that his sister, whom they had kept as a prisoner since his father's death, was one of the first casualties within King's Landing. Her body was found within her chambers and Robb made sure it was tended to properly so that her bones could be returned to Winterfell.

Though Joffrey Baratheon was but a boy, he had also been the King and the one who had ordered Ned Stark's execution, so he was executed once the city had fallen to Robb's army, and the Queen Regent Cersei Lannister, Joffrey's mother, had to watch her oldest child be put to death before she faced the same fate.

Robb did not become King on the Iron Throne, like was the norm, instead he gave the North independence and vowed to reign for the Northerners. The Iron Throne was given to the Tyrells, not because he or his bannermen thought they were the right fit, but because they supplied most of the food for King's Landing and he decided to offer them the crown to ensure the smallfolk were fed. After that he returned to the North and finally went home to Winterfell, this time with Roslin by his side as his Queen. Against the advice of some of his men, he had spared the youngest Baratheon boy and sent him to be fostered by Lord Karstark, away from any of the Houses that could influence him to rebel once he came of age. He also allowed the Baratheon girl to remain in Dorne, to wed Prince Doran's youngest son as had been promised.

Back at Winterfell, Robb strengthened his faith to the Old Gods and reminded himself with each passing day that though the Gods willed his father's betrayal and execution, they had been on his side so long as he remained honourable and just. Still, as he reigned as King in the North, he had to wonder whether winning the war was worth the fatalities his family had suffered.

Bran was nowhere to be found but little Rickon was discovered alive, sheltered with a wildling woman, and Arya had not been spotted since their father was put to death. Sansa he could only hope had been gifted a painless death, and he feared his mother would never be the woman she was before the war had begun.

He had discovered in the worst way possible that war did indeed change everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is because i hate the way the show made robb this arrogant git who doesn't care about honour and pretty much ruins his character with that aspect whereas the book has him break his vow in an honourable way, much like something ned probably would have done as well~