Status: 9/26

Birthright

daughter

"Why can't he visit me?" Myrcella Baratheon complained, looking between her advisors. "Does he not want to see me?"

Before anyone could reply, the door to the council opened and Arianne Martell strode in, instantly making Myrcella's mood brighten. "Apologises for being late, My Queen," she excused, taking a seat at the vacant chair.

"Can you send word to Trystane and ask him if he'd like to visit? I miss him dearly," the young Queen said, hoping she could get Arianne on her side.

The Dornishwoman shook her head. "Your betrothal to my brother still stands, if you still wish to wed him, but you need to rule in your own right. He would very much like to see you but for now you can speak with him via raven," she explained.

Myrcella frowned but accepted what she was told. Arianne wasn't just her Hand because she had helped crown her; she had become her Hand due to her knowledge and how she was able to help her understand how to govern as a Queen without a King. Many had assumed her younger brother would succeed the throne after the death of her older brother, but Myrcella was grateful that Arianne had helped her receive her birthright. It was grossly unfair to skip over her and though she was happy Tommen did not mind too much, she did often miss her mother. Cersei Lannister hadn't minded the favouring of her daughter as the next heir to the Iron Throne, but when she discovered she could not be Queen Regent with her daughter on the throne, she had tried to repel her claim.

It was unfortunate that her mother had been arrested but Arianne said it was best to keep her locked up then to allow her to coerce Tommen into trying to usurp her.

With her Hand now present for the council meeting, Myrcella listened intently to the issues raised, ranging from the Tyrells to the Houses that resided in the North. It would be a few years until she would come of age and be able to properly govern alone, but she was keen to be aware of what was happening within the Seven Kingdoms and not just remain a pretty face on the throne.

Though Myrcella hadn't had a decent mother to follow after, she was determined to be a kind Queen, one who cared about her kingdom and not just whether there was any wine in her goblet. She would keep Arianne as her Hand even when she came of age, and would also listen to her counsel, but she wanted to be able to understand the severity of situations so that the kingdom wasn't divided in war, like it had been following her father's death.

She was determined to be worthy of being the Queen.
♠ ♠ ♠
because the old line of succession was grossly sexist and myrcella's storyline in the show for the last season was horrific~