Status: 10/26

Athdrivar

a wonderful celebration

With the festivities still going on, Joffrey Baratheon was enjoying all the entertainment that he had arranged. This was his wedding and if he wanted to mock the deceased King in the North then he would do it. Not to mention that he was also the King and therefore could do whatever he wanted, regardless of what others wanted. Now that he had wed Margaery Tyrell, the next step would be to get her with child, though waiting until after he had come of age might be best. After all, he wanted to get his mother out of his way and that would only happen once he could rule within his own right instead of being forced to have her as his Regent. He also wanted rid of his grandfather as his Hand. His decisions had been denied one too many times by that old man and he wanted a Hand who wouldn't dare tell him 'no'.

He walked back to the bench where his new bride was sat and picked up his goblet of wine, turning back to the entertainment while raising it to his lips. Before he could take a sip, Cersei Lannister approached him and he brought the goblet away from his lips. "Mother," he greeted.

"Surely you have had enough," she said, taking the goblet from his hand.

"It's my wedding and I will drink as much as I like," he retorted, turning back and snatching up a new goblet. "I am the King. I do not need my mother's advice." With that he moved back to his seat and shared his drink with his new wife.

Cersei returned to her seat, bringing the goblet to her lips and draining the contents. She knew that she was at fault with how he had turned out, but she wasn't prepared to step aside just yet. Nothing would force her to part from being Queen Regent until Joffrey came of age, no matter how much he attempted to force his way into full power.

Suddenly she felt her throat become constricted and her hand flew to her throat, clutching at it desperately. This gained the attention of her father, Tywin Lannister, who stood from his chair and brought more attention in their direction. Cersei began to turned purple in the face as she clawed at her throat, and as Joffrey hurried over to see what was happening when she fell out of her seat, Tywin began shouting for a maester.

By the time a maester arrived, the Queen Regent was dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
imagine if someone else had drunk from the goblet instead of joffrey~