Status: 13/26

Athkemar

political alliance

When his father's bannermen named him King in the North, Robb Stark accepted the title in honour of his father, the late Lord Eddard Stark. He knew he would eventually be pulled into a political marriage, one that would give him more men as King, but when word reached him of Renly Baratheon's death, he never thought his mother would have reached out to the Tyrells on the prospective marriage between him and their daughter. She had been wed to Renly but it was widely know that she had maintained her maidenhead throughout the marriage.

When Catelyn Stark approached him with the news that the Tyrells had accepted her proposal, he was angry that she had not consulted him first, not just because he was the king but mainly because he wanted to have a hand in choosing his own wife. When she told him haughtily that not everyone had that privilege, he dismissed her and pondered to himself over the idea of having a bride so close to his crowning.

The beauty of Margaery Tyrell was known to Robb before he met her but in person she was more than words could convey. It lessened the resentment he held to his mother, and the men he received was a reminded of how beneficial this wedding was to be.

They wed before his bannermen and the Tyrell's bannermen, with Margaery's father, grandmother and brother being present. It made him miss Bran and Rickon, both who were safe in Winterfell, and Sansa and Arya, both of whom were in the clutches of the Lannisters. That night Robb took Margaery's maidenhead and made her his Queen, and while in their tent he discovered that having Margaery as his equal would be more beneficial than keeping her as a delicate flower like many Kings regarded their wives.

Knowing that his men probably wouldn't take too well to him seeking her counsel while in their presence, he allowed her to sit in with their meetings and only after they had been dismissed did he discuss the issues with her. On some she brought up good points that Robb made sure to mention at the next meeting but other times she didn't have much to add to what the men had discussed. Regardless of whether she provided him with good points, Robb realised that he had truly wed the right woman to be Queen. It was as if she had been born for this role for it came as natural to her as breathing did.

It was her who put forward the idea of sieging King's Landing and removing the Lannisters from power, and though Robb and his men were not keen on the idea as they had already established the North as a kingdom in its own right, she suggested that if it were to fall into Tyrell hands then they could be neighbouring kingdoms that would flourish together. That idea did appeal to his bannermen, especially the ones who wanted to see nothing more than the Lannisters fall from power, and once they crushed Tywin Lannister's army, they marched South.
♠ ♠ ♠
because don't these two just look perfect together~