Status: um.....

Run Away With Me

I Haven't Seen You In So Long

~3 years later ~
“Dude, you'll never guess who I saw last night,” Jaime said with a mischievous grin on his face. “Who?” I wasn't really invested in the conversation, considering I was trying to write. “Hey, look at me, I'm trying to shock you,”
I sighed and set my notebook down to give him my full attention. “Who did you see Jaime?” He turned his phone around and then waited with that hopeful look on his face until I realized who it was. They looked extremely familiar with their crop of messy black hair and long, skinny legs. I recognized the curve of their hips and their small figure.
“Holy shit...is that--”Kellin?” I nodded and looked up at Jaime. “Yup, that's him. He was at the bar last night. I guess he moved out here or something,” I blinked in surprise and sat back against the couch. I hadn't seen Kellin in almost three years now, but he didn't look much different. His hair was still the same, other than the fact that it was longer now, and although I couldn't see his face; it was definitely him.
“Wow...” Jaime nodded and waited for me to say something else. “You should talk to him,” he said after I didn't say anything else. “What do you mean?” My eyes narrowed, making him smile sheepishly. “I gave him tickets to the show tonight and then asked him to stop by the bus,”
I picked yo the nearest pillow and swatted him with it. “Jaime, what the hell? I haven't seen him in years and you think that we want to see each other now?” I asked angrily. “Stop that,” He caught the pillow and tossed it to the floor before fixing his hair. “He said that he'd love to see you, for your information. He even said that he'd missed you,” he said.
“Really?” Jaime nodded and crossed his arms. “I think he's still into you,” I frowned and shook my head. “No, Hime, it's been like three years. There's no way he could still be single now. I mean seriously, do you really think that someone like Kellin could still not be over me?”
He just shrugged at me. “Ugh, nevermind. Is he actually going to show up here?” He nodded. “Well great, now I can worry over that,” I said and got up to find something to wear for the show tonight. ~

I smiled as we walked offstage, surrounded by the sounds of our fans screaming from behind the barricades. “That was great,” I said to Mike who nodded and handed me a towel. I copied him and wiped the sweat from my face while one of our guitar techs came over to take my guitar from me. I slipped the strap over my head so that he could take it and then headed off towards the bus.
I felt gross, even though I was so happy right now. I loved playing live and seeing all of the fans that were there just to listen to the music we had written. They were there to hear lyrics I had thought of as a teenager and that made me so happy.
“Hey, do you think he'll actually show?” I turned to look at Jaime in confusion. “What? Oh, Kellin, um...I don't know. I kind of hope so, but then the other half of me is dreading this,” He smiled and wrapped and arm around my shoulder. “I guess we'll just have to...oh, nevermind, there he is,”
I stopped in my tracks and looked over at our bus where Kellin was standing, looking up at it. He looked tiny beside it, but that wasn't the point. Kellin looked great, and maybe a bit skinnier than before.
“Kellin,” I said, tasting his name on my tongue. It was a name I hadn't said in a long time, but it still felt like home to me. I hadn't been in any relationships since then, and part of me hoped that he hadn't dated anyone either.
He looked over at the sound of his name and met my eyes. I felt the breath leave my lungs as we stared at each other. He was so beautiful, his eyes exactly as I remembered them. Time seemed to stop for a moment before he smiled at me.
“Hi,” I smiled too and walked over to him. “Hey, um...hi,” Kellin laughed softly at me. “How have you been?” he asked. “Good, good. What about you?” Kellin shrugged and smiled again. “Okay, I guess. Your band got really big,”
I smiled and nodded with a little blush on my cheeks. “Yeah, I guess so. It's really fun,” I said. “That's great Vic,” he said. “Mhm. Do you want to go in?” I asked, pointing towards the door. “And I'd hug you, but I'm all gross right now,”
Kellin laughed and nodded. “It's okay,” I smiled too and pulled the door to the bus open. Kellin followed me inside and looked around our tour bus. We had a couch on either side, along with two small tables connected to the walls. They led back to our bus and then the one room that we had. There was a queen sized bed back there and a small couch, along with some of our stuff. We all shared that room for whenever we had 'visitors'.
“So, what have you been up to?” I asked him and started pulling my sweaty shirt off. It clung to my body wetly, leaving behind a really gross feeling. “Um, not much. I still have the same shitty job, but I've been okay,”
I nodded and got a bottle of water out of the fridge. “Do you want anything?” Kellin shook his head and sat down on the couch. I took a sip of my water and leant on the arm of the opposite couch. I could hear Jaime in the shower and decided I would just wait until after everyone else ws done so that I could talk to Kellin.
“What about you? What have you been doing, other than touring?” I bit into my lip and shrugged. “Not much really. I mean, we don't really have a lot of recreational time other than when we're on the road,” He nodded understandingly.
Mike came in and smiled at Kellin. “Hey,” he said and pulled Kellin up to hug him. Kellin smiled widely and accepted it, even though he was a sweaty mess too. “It's good to see you,” he said to Mike and then sat back down. “You two. Did Jaime steal the shower already?” I nodded and smiled a little. “When doesn't he?”
Mike laughed and sat down beside me in the middle of the couch. “So Kell, are you dating anyone?” he asked. “Uh, y-yeah, actually. Um, I'm engaged,” I felt like I had been punched at his words. I shouldn't be jealous, but hearing that Kellin was going to get married to someone else actually made me really jealous.
“Oh?” He nodded and glanced down before smiling a little. “Uh yeah, his name's Oliver,” he said. “Cool, so when did that happen?” I asked, letting my eyes drift down to the ring on his finger. “Um...ten months ago?” I nodded a little. “Wow, that's um, that's really great,”
Kellin laughed a little and nodded. “You don't have to sound so excited,” he said. I smiled sheepishly. “Yeah, sorry,” He shrugged and leant back against the couch. “What about you? Are you seeing anyone?”
I shook my head and looked at Jaime as he came out of the shower in only a towel. “Vic, did you want the shower?” he asked. “Uh, sure. Kellin, do you mind?” He shook his head and smiled. “Nope, Go get a shower, you're gross,” I stuck my tongue at him childishly and went to get in the shower.
“So, is he into you?” Jaime asked as I walked back towards the bathroom. “No. He's getting married,” I couldn't help the sound of defeat in my voice. I knew it was ridiculous to want him back, but a part of me still did. I still liked him.
“Seriously?” I nodded and picked up at towel before closing the door in face. I had to admit, I just wanted to be alone for a little while, and the shower was a perfect place to do that. I stripped out of my clothes and turned the water on before getting in. I still really liked Kellin, and now I had to pretend that I didn't. This was going to be a long night. ~
♠ ♠ ♠
blah

title- "Amnesia" 5 Seconds of Summer