Status: 15/26

Matriarch

queen of thorns

There was no doubt that Lady Olenna Tyrell was the matriarchal head of House Tyrell, despite her son being official head, and when she decided that Joffrey Baratheon was not the best candidate to sit on the Iron Throne - and, indeed, not someone she was going to let marry her granddaughter - she sought to do something about it. Now they were in mourning, during the brief period between Joffrey's death and Tommen's coronation, and she and Margaery were sat in the garden. They made sure that there was enough noise as they spoke in hushed voices.

"I will be able to wed Tommen?" Margaery asked.

"If the Lannisters know what's best for the throne," Lady Olenna confirmed, plucking a fig from the dish on the table. "As he was poisoned at his own wedding feast, there are enough witnesses to bare witness to the marriage being unconsummated."

Margaery raised a hand to her mouth and tapped at her lip. "So I will still be able to be the Queen," she murmured, making Olenna scoff.

"I thought you were smarter than that," she berated, shaking her head at her granddaughter. "The entire time that Cersei Lannister is alive, you will never be the Queen. She will make sure of that, mark my words."

The thought made Margaery ponder for a moment. With Tommen being younger than Joffrey, therefore more impressionable, it meant that Cersei would try and exert her power for longer, and that was something that simply could not happen. Margaery was not going to be thwarted by that woman, not after she had come so close already. "What can I do, Grandmother?" she said after a moment, looking back at her. "How do I get Cersei away from Tommen without it being suspicious?"

Olenna gave her granddaughter a small smile as she picked up another fig. "An accident should suffice, though if you would like my advice, it is no secret that there are many people who would like to see Cersei Lannister dead. "

That told Margaery exactly what she had to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
just because i love them~