Status: 16/26

Ize

the queen falls

While travelling from the North back to King's Landing, the royal entourage stopped several times and erected tents for the royal family to rest. With Lord Eddard Stark and his two daughters for company, there were even more tents to be put up. It was during one of the rests that Queen Cersei Lannister called for more wine in order to tolerate being in the company of her husband, King Robert Baratheon. It was one of the Lannister men who poured her more wine and only after he had left did she curl her lip at her husband's boisterous laughter and swallow most of her goblet.

She didn't need to put on a mask around the Starks for she was sure that Lord Eddard had no illusions about her, so after she'd finished off two more goblets of wine, she retreated into her tent for the night. Spending time with Robert was tedious at best, but when Robert was around Eddard, she positively hated it. As she laid in the furs that made up her bed, she felt her stomach begin to clench and she fought back the desire to vomit.

Cersei attempted to sleep, shifting several times to try and ease the dreadful pain she was feeling, but once she had determined it was not fading, she resolved to seek some relief for the pain. However, when she attempted to stand her legs gave out and she collapsed in a heap on the furs. With a huff she tried again only to scrap her face when she fell again, a wave of disorientation clouding her mind. She attempted to call out for her brother, but found that she couldn't form the words. Jaime should know I need him, she thought bitterly.

Determined not to be helpless, she attempted to right herself in the bed and sleep whatever it was off, but her limbs were too heavy to move. She had become paralysed within the course of a few moments, and with her throat muscles becoming hard to move, she found herself struggling to breathe.

It wasn't until morning that her body was discovered, sprawled out on the bed that King Robert hadn't made it back to the previous night. It was only through formality did the King force himself into mourning, for he had no feelings towards his deceased wife other than joy at no longer having to endure her incessant moaning.

Cersei Lannister might have been his wife but she had never been more than a political alliance. His heart belonged to Lyanna Stark, and would do until the day he died.
♠ ♠ ♠
had this happened i don't think there would have been a book~