Status: Disclaimer: I do not own Hollywood Undead, or the members of the band, nor do I own Ava, Vanessa, or Anna. I do however, own Ray of Sunshine and the members thereof.

Ray of Sunshine

Live Just A Little Bit More

Nikki and Matty returned from their date night an hour and a half later to find that Ragan’s truck was still in its spot. Confused, Nikki turned to Matty.
“I thought they were going out,” she said.
Matty shook his head slightly. “I guess we’ll find out,” he said as they got out of the car and headed to the front door. Matty pulled his keys out and opened the door. “Johnny?” he called out. When there was no answer, he walked over to the stairs leading down to the basement and saw the lights were off. “Well they’re not down there either.”
Nikki looked over to the back door and suggested, “Maybe they went for a swim?”
Matty shrugged and took her hand as he led her to the door and opened it. The sight before them rendered Nikki speechless.
Lauren was sitting in the center of the black blanket, typing on her laptop. Sitting beside her was Johnny, with a notepad in his hand, humming. He scribbled something on the notepad and glanced their direction. Seeing them, he tapped Lauren’s shoulder and nodded toward them. She looked over and smiled, waving them over.
Nikki and Matty walked over to them and sat opposite them on the blanket.
“How was your date?” Lauren asked enthusiastically.
“It was fun,” Nikki replied. “Looks like the two of you never left for yours. Or was this it?”
“This was it,” Johnny confirmed. “I wanted it to be a surprise, so I asked Matty not to mention it.”
Nikki turned to Matty. “He did, did he?” she raised an eyebrow.
“Look what you did,” Matty addressed Johnny. “You got me in trouble with my woman.”
“Nah,” Johnny said. “She loves you too much, she’ll get over it.”
Nikki smiled at him. “So this is how one earns VIP access to the Zone?”
“I guess so,” he answered, putting an arm around Lauren and kissing her forehead. “It’s actually pretty cool. Not to mention fun. I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed a writing session this much.”
“Writing session?” Lauren turned to him, eyebrows raised.
Matty laughed. “Looks like you’re in trouble too, bro.”
Johnny smiled, his eyes never leaving Lauren’s. “I think I can handle it.”
“Well,” Matty stood up. “Nikki, what say we give these two some privacy?”
“You’re not bothering us,” Lauren told him. “Ragan and I were just collaborating on a song. Once it’s finished, we’re going to need your opinions on what the music behind it should sound like.”
“Sweet,” he and Nikki said in unison.
Johnny smiled at his friend. “Did you two have fun?”
“Yeah,” Nikki answered. “Dinner and a movie, what’s not to love? Have you guys even eaten yet?”
“Yeah,” Lauren answered. “He cooks a mean steak.”
“He sure does,” Matty agreed. “Boy, you went all out here.”
“He sure did,” Nikki agreed. “Unfortunately, we need to be getting home.”
Lauren nodded. “I guess you’re right.”
“Leave it,” Johnny told her, as she started to gather everything up. “I’ll get it. You just worry about getting home safe.” He kissed her and hugged her tight. “We’ll talk later.”
“Right on,” she said as she squeezed his hand and the two couples made their way to the car to say their goodbyes before the girls headed back to their apartment.

* * *

The next morning, Lauren and Nikki got up early to go to HOPE. As they walked through the glass doors, Lauren smiled. Morgan, the receptionist, recognized her immediately, and rushed to greet her.
“Ms Davis! Ms Novak didn’t tell me that we were expecting you today!”
“She didn’t know, Morgan” Lauren told her. “Is she busy?”
Morgan shook her head. “She might be on the phone, but as far as I know she’s in her office at the moment. Should I buzz her?”
Lauren smiled. “No thanks. I think I’ll surprise her. Thanks Morgan.”
Morgan nodded. “Yes ma’am,” she said as she walked back to her desk.
Lauren and Nikki turned down the hallway and made their way to Beth’s office. She was preoccupied at the computer; it didn’t even faze her when they walked through the door.
Lauren leaned against the doorway. “Working hard, or hardly working?”
Beth looked up immediately. “Lauren! Nikki! What a surprise!” She came around the desk and hugged her friends. “How’s the new album going?”
“It’s going great,” Nikki answered. “We took the whole weekend off. Well, the rest of us did,” she said, nodding toward Lauren, “but somebody spent their date night last night collaborating on a song with her boyfriend.”
“Oh my god, you guys are official?” Beth gasped.
“As of last night, yeah I guess we are,” Lauren answered, blushing.
“I am beyond happy for you!” Beth hugged her friend. “It’s about time girl!”
“That’s what I said,” Nikki agreed. “They’re actually too cute for words.”
Lauren rolled her eyes. “That’d be you and Matty, dear.”
Beth laughed. “Okay, before this gets out of hand, why don’t I bring you up to date on what’s happening here?”
“Sounds good,” Lauren said as the three friends sat in the office.
Beth cleared her throat and began. “Well the good news is we’ve got more sponsors, so the money situation is solid. As for the therapy center, we’ve taken on more help and therefore we can help more people. The rehab center is going well too. Right now we’ve got seven patients, and they’re all doing well so far. This place is growing, and that my friend is wonderful.”
Lauren smiled. “That’s great. You do such a good job. I’m proud to have such an awesome friend and colleague.”
“Same here,” Beth replied. “So are we still on for that Supernatural marathon later?”
“You bet,” Lauren said with a big grin. “I can’t wait to stay up all night and eat junk food and watch our boys fight demons and other monsters.”
Nikki rolled her eyes. “Oh boy.”
“Hey, you’re welcome to join us,” Lauren told her.
“I know,” she replied, “but Matty and I have plans with Dylan and Anna, so you two are on your own.”
“Unless Ragan comes over to keep an eye on us,” Beth teased her friend.
Lauren laughed. “He won’t. He wants to meet you actually.”
“I’d love that.”
“Well,” Lauren said, standing up, “we have to go, but call if you need me. Something tells me you’ve got it under control. You’re amazing. I dreamed this place up, and you made it happen. I can’t thank you enough for all you do here.”
“It’s my pleasure,” Beth said. “I love this place. I love the people I work with, I love the people we help, I love everything about this. And I love you too, bitch.”
“Love you too, jerk,” Lauren smiled. Supernatural really had taken over their lives it seemed.
The friends hugged again, and Nikki and Lauren left.
♠ ♠ ♠
My sincere apologies for the long delay. Been dealing with a lot of stuff and getting ready to move, so I've been quite busy. This one almost went differently, I wasn't sure whether to pick up here or fast forward a bit. Glad it turned out like it did, it was fun. Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think, especially J, let me know if you got the reference cuz if you do you should love it.