Status: Disclaimer: I do not own Hollywood Undead, or the members of the band, nor do I own Ava, Vanessa, or Anna. I do however, own Ray of Sunshine and the members thereof.

Ray of Sunshine

Comin In Hot

A few weeks later, both bands were working double time to get their new albums completed. Neither group had taken a day off in over a week. James and Lauren had taken to bringing their lunch to the studio with them so they could eat in a hurry and get back to working on lyrics and perfecting their guitar parts. The album was coming together, but they all wanted to be sure it was as good as it could get before sending it off to be approved and published. One Thursday afternoon, Nikki walked into the studio to find James and Lauren yelling quite loudly.
“It sounds fine, Lauren,” James was telling her.
“No, it doesn’t,” she argued. “That one little part is bothering me, it’s off!”
“How could it possibly be off? We’ve already changed it four times!”
“I’m telling you, it’s not right,” she said as she crossed her arms along her guitar.
“That’s it,” Nikki interjected. “You two definitely need a break.”
They looked at her with the same appalled expression, as if the word “break” was some sort of foul language.
“We’re fine, Nik,” Lauren told her, “We just aren’t seeing eye to eye here.”
James rolled his eyes. “That is an understatement.” When Lauren scowled at him, he added, “Exhibit A. Case and point.”
“If I were you-“she started.
“You’d be a heck of a lot taller and blonder, but still no closer to perfection as he is, so why don’t you lay off?” Nikki said firmly.
Lauren sighed. “Okay. Fine. Did you need something?”
“Well first off, I need you to chill,” she said matter-of-factly. “I understand your frustration, I’m the same way on one of my drum parts but sometimes it helps to stand back and think about something else for a while. I say we call it a day, and start fresh tomorrow.” She held up a finger to silence her friend before she could object. “Matty called. Fish fry at their place tonight. The whole group will be there, and Johnny isn’t going to take no for an answer from you.”
Lauren rolled her eyes, then her jaw dropped at the sound of his voice. “I most certainly am not.” She looked around the room, but Johnny wasn’t there. She smiled when she realized he must be inside the sound room. She couldn’t see him through the one-way glass. “Oh yeah? Or what?”
He entered the room swiftly, pulled her out of the chair she was in, put her guitar on its stand, and pulled her close. “Don’t test me, woman. You’re in over your head.”
She smiled up at him. “Maybe. But it’s so much fun.”
He smiled and kissed her. “You need a break, and I’ve got just the thing.”
She raised an eyebrow. “Oh?”
“I believe most women refer to it as retail therapy.”
“No way,” she chuckled. “You are taking me shopping?”
“Actually,” he said with a smile, “Matty and I are taking you both shopping. To help you pick out a new outfit for tonight. Because what woman doesn’t need an excuse for a new outfit, right?”
“Really?” Nikki gasped. “A double shopping date? That’s every girl’s dream!”
Lauren turned to look at her friend. “Seriously?”
“Okay, maybe not EVERY girl.” Nikki smiled. “Your idea of a perfect date consists of two things: The Zone, and Johnny. But you have to admit, most guys hate the idea of shopping with their girlfriends. How we got lucky is beyond me.”
Lauren looked up at Johnny, who had started massaging her shoulders. “Tell me about it.”
James laughed. “I love it. I’ve been begging her to think about a break for two hours because all we accomplished is a lot of yelling, but then you two waltz in here and she’s all smiles and lovey-dovey with Doctor Love here.”
Johnny raised an eyebrow. “Doctor Love? Dude, this isn’t the Beach Boys. It’s Hollywood Undead. If you wanna stick me with a cheesy name, it damn well better be something cool like the Awe Master.”
“The Awe Master?” Lauren burst out laughing.
Nikki and James were laughing too. “How do you come up with this stuff, man?” James asked.
“Well, the girls were in awe over here, I just ran with it,” Johnny said. “I just didn’t realize it was going to be so funny.”
“Yeah, better leave the funny to Dylan,” Nikki told him. “You can be the scary sneaky guy.”
“Doctor Sneaky?” Johnny asked. When they burst out laughing again, he said, “Either Dylan’s in the room, or you guys are so tired that everything is amusing.”
“I vote the second option,” Lauren said.
Johnny rolled his eyes. “I stand by that assessment. Let’s go.” He held the door open as they left the room.
* * *

“Where do you guys want to go first?” Johnny asked as Matty and the girls climbed into his truck.
“The mall” they said in unison.
“You had to ask,” Matty told him when he rolled his eyes.
“I did, didn’t I?” He rolled his eyes and drove to the mall.
The girls didn’t waste any time. They headed straight for Beverly Center.
Once there, Nikki and Lauren were anxious to get to Macy’s. Johnny and Matty followed them inside and watched them browse.
“You gotta admit, those two are very entertaining,” Matty told Johnny.
“Just wait,” Johnny replied. “They haven’t even been to the fitting room yet. You ready to sit back and watch a fashion show?”
“Hell yes,” Matty said. “Are you?”
Johnny answered with a grin.
They watched as the girls finally made their way to the fitting rooms with several outfits. After modeling each of their choices to the guys, they finally made their choices and went to change back into their own clothes. They came back out to return what they didn’t want back to the racks where they found them, and Johnny and Matty took the winning outfits off their hands in the meantime. When they were done, they found the guys waiting for them with bags in hand.
“When did we agree to let them buy us these outfits?” Nikki asked Lauren.
“Oh, come on,” Matty said. “You saying a couple of boyfriends can’t buy their ladies something nice?”
Lauren smiled and said, “That was real sweet of you Ragan. Thank you.” She wrapped an arm around his waist. “Nikki, just thank your boyfriend. You’ve got a whole lifetime to argue with him.”
Matty perked up at this. “You planning our wedding already?”
“Maybe,” she replied with a grin.
Nikki laughed. “Well she’s right. Thanks babe.”
“You’re welcome,” Matty said, kissing her cheek. “Now, let’s get home and get you two changed and ready for the rest of the guys to get there for the fish fry.”
“Right on,” the girls said in unison.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, apologies for the delay. Finally got moved and got settled, and finally realized I could use my phone as a mobile hotspot for my laptop, so we're back in business! Excited to get back to this story, especially since we're about to meet the rest of the guys! Hopefully I'll have the next one up sometime this weekend. Feedback appreciated!