Status: 18/26

Mai

unforgiveable

Against the King in the North's command, Lady Catelyn Stark treated with the Lannisters, making a deal to secure safe passage for her daughters back to Winterfell. When King Robb Stark found out, he was furious. "This is the second time you have not listen to what I have said," he seethed.

"I am a mother. I couldn't just let my daughters stay in enemy hands," she responded.

Robb knew he couldn't be lenient this time, not when it was the second time his mother had ultimately betrayed him. Had any of his bannermen did what she had done, they would have been executed for treason. But he couldn't execute his mother, especially not during war. "You have betrayed me," he stated, pacing the tent they were in. "And this time I cannot ignore it."

Catelyn knew that her son wouldn't be happy with what she'd done but she also knew that he was his father's son, able to forgive when needed. However, the next words out of his mouth truly shocked her. "I have no choice but to confine you to Riverrun. You will not be permitted to travel to Winterfell or to see Bran and Rickon, and should we rescue Sansa and Arya, you will not be permitted to see them, either."

"I am their mother!" she exclaimed.

"Bran is my heir and Rickon is his. You betrayed me, not as your son, but as your King, and I cannot let this go unpunished," he said.

She tried to reason with her son, reminding him of who he was at war for, but it was of no use. She had betrayed him one too many times and it was time she reaped the consequences of her actions. No matter how much he wanted to spare her.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's a shame that catelyn was one of the biggest reasons why robb was betrayed, and it's also quite sad~