Status: 19/26

Seris

freedom

Tired of being beaten and tired of being humiliated, Sansa Stark came to a decision one night while she was lying in bed, wishing to be free from the Lannister's grip. She had been docile and recited the words she'd been taught all her life, but where had that gotten her? She knew that if Arya was here, there was no way she would take what Sansa had been dealt. She would have fought or at least tried to escape, even if she had no where to seek shelter. Arya was younger than she was but yet was braver. It was that knowledge that forced her to make the decision.

The following day she appeared to be the same, dutiful around court and the perfect little lady. By now the guards had become so accustomed to her presence that it was easy to slip by without being watched. No one thought her capable of anything but doing what she was told.

She proved them wrong when night fell.

Sansa climbed out of bed and dressed silently, pulling a cloak over her shoulders and fastening it. She knew it might be difficult but she was tired of being the victim, of being unable to help herself. She wasn't a damsel awaiting her prince to save her anymore.

Armed with the knife she had taken when no one was looking, she slipped out of her chambers and into the dimly lit walkway. She'd been there long enough to know when the guards swapped over and that there was always a brief window where there was no one stationed outside of her chambers. Her heart thudded heavily in her chest as she walked briskly away from her chambers, keeping her head low. Whenever she would hear footsteps approaching she'd go the other way or find some place close to hide, waiting until they had passed before leaving her place and continuing on her way.

The air was slightly warm as she left the Red Keep and found herself leaving the place that had been her prison for too long. Gripping the knife tightly in her hand, Sansa found herself walking through King's Landing at night with no guard around. The old Sansa - the one who had been so willing to believe all the songs about gallant knights and finding love - would have never dared to walk outside of the gardens without a guard. It would have been too dangerous for her.

It took her a long while to pick her way through the streets and find a way out. Eventually she found a cart that was leaving at dawn and decided that she would hide beneath the cover to leave the city. So she found a place to hide closeby and stayed alert for the rest of the night, and when dawn began to break she slipped beneath the cover before the owner arrived and found herself more concealed by the items placed around her.

As the cart began to move, she felt her heart lurch into her throat at the possibility of being discovered as they were leaving the city. What would the Lannisters do if they discovered her trying to escape? Execute her like her father? She wasn't sure but what she did know was that they wouldn't be happy.

Sansa didn't know how much time had passed but she'd judged that they had probably left King's Landing by now, and she slowly moved the cover off of her face and was relieved to discover that they were indeed outside of the city.

She was finally free.
♠ ♠ ♠
quite a fantasy but probably doable if she spent enough time observing guards~