Can't Get Next to You

You Can Call Me Babydoll.

“I’ve been texting you all morning.” Leland said as Sutton walked into work. “Oh…” she says, looking at her phone. “Hmm. Sorry about that. I thought it was something else and I didn’t answer.” she responds, finally opening her boss’s messages. She chuckled softly, reading them to herself.

Leland 7:02 am: Hey!!! Wake up and bring me some coffee woman!!
Leland 7:05 am: Sutton Grace.
Leland 7:15 am: Are you ignoring me? Are you still asleep? Wake up woman!
Leland 7:16 am: For real... When you get our coffee will you get me some of that flavored coffee you always get I wanna try it.

She turns to him and says, “You blew up my phone for flavored coffee?” He laughs and says, “Well, I want what I want ,woman.” Sutton walked over to her desk and sat down, sorting through some files, ignoring the fact that he kept calling her ‘woman’. “What’s got you in such a good mood today?” she asks, handing him one and telling him “Get this guy today or you’re gonna be out some money.”

“I met a girl...or woman, I guess I should say.” He tells her, sitting down on the corner of her desk and glancing over the file of Kalani Cho. Just as his brother walks into work for the day, Leland hops up, not wanting to give the wrong impression to his brother. Before Sutton could respond to Leland’s news, the phone started ringing and the day began.

“Did you lose your little brother?” Sutton asks Duane Lee with a laugh as he walks back into the office alone later that morning. Pulling off his bulletproof vest and shirt, he tosses it on a nearby chair before saying, “Yep, left him on the side of the road somewhere.”

Sutton couldn’t help but admire the half naked, gorgeous man standing before her but as much as she wanted to flirt, her heart just wasn’t in it today. “Um… why are you getting naked in the office?”

“Because, we’re all alone… and I want to do very nasty things to you… also, I had to mace that Kalani dude and it’s all over my shirt and I got it all over Leland, which was fucking hilarious by the way... so he went home to change because he’s not smart enough to bring extra clothes like I am.” he tells her, laughing as he’s digging through his bag for a clean shirt.

Filing away the Kalani Cho file in the 'Captured' section of their filing cabinet, she gives him a short, “Oh.” in response to his story. Duane crossed the office as she closed the filing cabinet, still shirtless and wraps his arms around her. He leaned in to kiss her sweetly on the cheek and says, “I didn’t want to say anything earlier but you don’t look so great today Babe, are you feeling alright?”

“Gee, thanks Casanova!” she rolls her eyes and removes his hands from around her waist and walks back to her desk, he follows close by. Sutton looks up at him and says quietly, “I just had a rough night last night after you left, too many… feelings.”

Still wanting to touch her, he places his hand on the small of her back. “Well, if you want to talk about it, I can come over tonight.” he says sweetly, his hand still lingering on her back. They both look up as the door to the office opens up, Duane drops his hand and slides the clean shirt over his head and tucks it into his black cargo pants.

The rest of the afternoon was pretty quiet in the Da Kine Bail Bonds office. Sutton was thankful for that after her long night. The last thing she wanted to do was go back and forth to the jail to bail people out all day. That familiar beep caught her attention and she picked up her phone.

Hunter16: Just checking on you, wanted to make sure you were alright after our conversation last night.

She smiled, seeing the message from the mystery man. She chewed on her lip, trying to decided what to say in her reply.

Cutiepie02: Thanks for checking on me, I guess I’m good. Just hard to relive all that. But I needed to tell someone.
Hunter16: Glad you trust me enough to tell me. I know it’s kinda crazy to trust someone you’ve never met but I feel like I’ve known you forever.
Cutiepie02: I know what you mean, you seem like a great guy.
Hunter16: Thanks babydoll… is it okay if I call you that? I don’t know your real name.

Internally she debated with herself about revealing her identity to this man. They had been talking for awhile and she had hoped they would meet eventually… but was she ready for this?

Cutiepie02: You can call me babydoll, I think that’s sweet. :-)
Hunter16: Awesome! You can call me sexy beast, big poppa… whatever you choose. ;-)
Cutiepie02: hahaha you’re so modest. So tell me Big poppa, what are you looking for? We’ve talked for a while now but haven’t gotten down to the meat of what you want out of life and a partner.
Hunter16: Well, I need someone that’s not just by my side, but on my side. Someone that isn’t afraid of hard work. She needs to be funny and smart as a whip, generous and a good cook doesn’t hurt, because I can’t cook for shit!
Cutiepie02: I think I might know just the woman you’re looking for.
Hunter16: Oh, really? Can you introduce me to her? ;-) haha I kid, I kid.
Cutiepie02: Smart ass.