Status: 21/26

Davra

pretty little maid

Being a pretty face was often all that women were considered, but when they were highborn women they were more thought as pawns in establishing alliances. Margaery Tyrell was the daughter of Mace Tyrell, granddaughter of Lady Olenna Tyrell, and widely known for her beauty. She was also greatly underestimated by anyone who didn't belong to House Tyrell.

She used her charm and looks to give men the illusion that she was dutiful and obedient, but Margaery was more than that. When her father married her to King Renly Baratheon, she did her duty and sat by her new husband's side loyally. She kept her brother close, for he was a member of Renly's rainbow guard, and conspired about the different political manoeuvres that she could make.

Her desire was to become the Queen, and although she had married Renly, there were still other self-proclaimed Kings throughout the realm, including Stannis, Renly's own brother. She knew that for her to become the Queen, something would have to be done about the other Kings.

However, as she continued to write to her grandmother, Margaery grew more and more concerned that with Renly she wouldn't be able to become the Queen that she wanted to be. Though she remained loyal to Renly's cause, and knowing how close he and her brother were, she sought to find a way to expand his support to ensure that they were on the victorious side of this war.

Before she could do much work, Renly was killed by his own brother and she retreated back to Highgarden with the Tyrell men. It took a while but then a betrothal to King Joffrey Baratheon was secured and she was once again going to be Queen. This time she kept her grandmother closeby for a while, seeking her counsel as she began to manipulate Joffrey with her looks.

While the Lannisters used her for the Tyrell alliance, she sought to reap the most benefits from the betrothal by slowly taking the power away from Cersei Lannister. It was easier to do when Joffrey wanted to remove the power from his family and take control of the realm himself. Though not something she could openly converse with him, she played to his desires and by the time his next nameday came around, she had won the people of King's Landing over. They loved her, and by extension loved Joffrey, and gave her the influence that Cersei could have only dreamed about.

It might have been difficult to be a woman in power but Margaery was more than equipped to get what she wanted. There was nothing better than being underestimated.
♠ ♠ ♠
i like telling than showing because this universe is complicated and telling makes much more sense~