Status: 22/26

Verven

trapped little bird

Sansa Stark was used to feeling helpless since she had come to King's Landing. Back in Winterfell she had been but a girl, able to rely on her Septa to guide her straight. Now that her Septa was dead and her head hung on a pike next to her father's head, she had no one to turn to for guidance. She was all alone and surrounded by Lannisters.

The worst one of all was Joffrey Baratheon, her betrothed. He was also King, though his mother would be Regent until he came of age, but that didn't help. Joffrey would always seek her company so that he could talk about how traitorous her brother and mother were and remind her that as soon as she was ready to bare his sons, they would wed.

She was in the gardens when Joffrey joined her company, his kingsguards following close by. "I have decided to move our ceremony forward," he announced, making Sansa fill with fear.

"I thought the Queen said it was too early?" she replied.

He looked annoyed. "Did you not hear? I decided, no one else. I am a King of my word and I will fulfil our betrothal," he retorted, stopping in the middle of the path. "Do you not wish to become my Queen?"

Sansa knew what she had to say but trying to find the words was evidently too long for Joffrey and he signalled to one of his kingsguard. The kingsguard stepped forward and struck her face. Her lip trembled as she fought back tears. "Of course, Your Grace! I cannot wait to become your Queen and give you beautiful blond sons."

Her response elicited a smile from him and he gestured forward, forcing her to continue their walk through the gardens. Though she didn't have much hope, she wished that his mother would stop the ceremony being brought forward.

She would give anything not to have to marry Joffrey.
♠ ♠ ♠
because my heart goes out to sansa while she's a prisoner and victim in king's landing, although that can never extinguish my love for joffrey/sansa~