Status: 23/26

Athvilajerar

death is the price

When the War of Five Kings began, no one could have expected that Jaime Lannister would end up a prisoner of Robb Stark, the King in the North. It was a shock to Jaime's father, Lord Tywin Lannister, when he received word of his eldest son's capture, and he sought to do everything in his power to right the situation.

However, in the Northerner's camp, there were some men who wanted to kill Jaime. Though it was forbidden by their king, Lord Karstark knew he could not just accept having the kingslayer in their camp without killing him. He was not a coward by any means but also did not want to make it publically known that he had been the one to disobey his king, so he wandered not far from their camp and found a man who was in desperate need of coins for his family. In exchange for his service, he gave the man a small bag of coins.

It was during the night, when King Robb was in his tent asleep, that the man was brought into the camp. The guard at Jaime's cell was one of Karstark's own men and turned a blind eye at his Lord's command. Jaime was asleep against the pole he was cuffed to when the man entered the cell and awoke when a twig was snapped beneath his boot.

"What is this?" he asked.

The man moved his arm from behind him and allowed Jaime to see the dagger in his grip. "This is for everything you Lannisters have done," the man said before he lunged forward, cornering the chained up Lannister. Though Jaime was a good with a sword, having his hands tied behind him made him at a disadvantage and the only thing he could do was kick out at the man to try and keep him away. He could only protect himself so much, though, and the man managed to get close enough to thrust the sword into his chest, twisting it slightly before yanking it out and wiping the blood on Jaime's leg. He then slipped out of the cell and met Lord Karstark on the edge of the camp, returning the now clean dagger.

It was morning when King Robb discovered that Jaime Lannister had been killed.
♠ ♠ ♠
i do wonder what would have happened had jaime actually been killed~