Status: 26/26

Margaery

knowing is key

Though Margaery Tyrell knew that Joffrey Baratheon was not the nicest of Kings, she was familiar with using her looks to get what she wanted. While their betrothal stood, she gave him compliments and indulged in his favourite pastime of his crossbow. She carried out kind acts amongst the smallfolk, ensuring that it would reflect well on him, and when they would chant for their King, she knew it was working.

Their wedding came and he took her under his protection, making her his Queen. Their feast was grand and though she failed to hold his attention long, she resolved to encourage his entertainment, clapping along when necessary and whenever he returned to his seat making sure she commented on how much she enjoyed what he'd organised.

It was safe to say that Margaery was playing with fire, for Joffrey was cruel and enjoyed watching pain being inflicted on whoever he wanted. She had to be calculated and openly commend him around court, waiting until they were in the privacy of their chambers to gently remind him of the Mad King and how his reputation led to him being betrayed. He was different when he was alone, more willing to be coaxed into doing something than he would have been around people, something that was beneficial for Margaery.

But Margaery was also smart, cunning even, and her grandmother was only a raven away to seek advice whenever she found herself running out of ideas. She knew she would never be able to extinguish the cruelty within him, but as time went on her comments and coaxing slowly had affect on Joffrey, with him nonchalantly making an attempt at reining in his cruelness when around the members of court. His actions spoke volumes when he was alone with a prostitute, and while Margaery would normally not be a woman who would tolerate her husband taking another woman, she knew this was for the best and was always keen to suggest that he visit one whenever his mood would change.

By the time of Joffrey's nameday, Margaery had successfully encouraged her husband to keep his cruel side reserved for whenever he was with prostitutes and if he ever was faced with his enemies. It hadn't been easy and at times she had been on the receiving end of a hit, but she used her strongest weapon and her wills, and that was more than Cersei Lannister could do.

She outranked Joffrey's mother on many things, and being able to use her looks and charms to sway him was more than Cersei had managed throughout the years.

When Margaery finally got with child, she knew that once she'd had at least one more child, her husband could have an unfortunate accident and she could then reign for many years until her son came of age. It would be better to take control earlier on than to let his cruelty fester and tarnish her image as a result.

Besides, she didn't want her children turning out like him.
♠ ♠ ♠
that's all twenty six little snapshots into the life of (mainly) sansa and margaery, although other starks have featured, but they are truly snapshots because there isn't supposed to be a complicated plot or device but rather a random moment in time is being told or summarised, and that's how it's supposed to be~