Status: In progress, slowly but surely

The Final Goal

Chapter 1

“Skylar!” she groaned as she heard her name being called. It was her brother, Patric Hornqvist. He continued to yell her name until she groggily rolled out of bed and stomped down the stairs. “What the hell do you want, Patric?!? It is 6 freakin’ am!” she yelled sitting down at their kitchen table. “Well sis if you don’t like the early morning wake up, you can move out.” Skyler sighed. “You know I can’t move out, Patric. I need a home,” she said staring at the table. “I know you do, and I gladly let you stay here.” Patric said looking at her.

Skylar nodded her head and looked up to meet his gaze. “So what did you want?” she asked, puzzled. “Get dressed because soon you are going to meet my new team,” he said and Skylar groaned again. Patric was traded from the Predators to the Pittsburgh Penguins. Skylar was happy he was traded because she had been living in Pittsburgh for a few years and never had time to see her brother. When Patric moved here, Skylar moved in with him because her small apartment was the size of a cupboard. She used to joke with him that she was Harry Potter, trapped in the cupboard under the stairs. After Patric settled into his house a few days ago, he met with his new team. Now, it seemed it was Skylar’s turn to meet his new friends.

Skylar picked out her new Patric Hornqvist jersey and a pair of Miss Me skinny jeans. She threw on her black converse and grabbed her phone while running out of her room. She hopped down the stairs where Patric was impatiently waiting. He had his bag with him because Skylar was meeting the team on game day. “Finally,” he said and they quickly left his house.

On the way to the arena, Skylar and Patric made small talk. She was looking outside the window, staring off into space, when they arrived at the arena. “We’re here,” Patric said as he got out of the car. Skylar got out of the car and followed him into the building. Skylar was looking around at the unfamiliar surroundings as they entered the Penguins’ locker room. “Hey Horny!” someone yelled and Skylar turned to look at Patric, smiling. “Horny?” she asked while laughing. He sighed, “Yeah it’s my new nickname apparently.” Skylar giggled and turned to look at all of the guys in the room. She really wasn't a hockey fan, so she didn't know any of the guys. Well everyone except for Sidney Crosby. Even though Patric is her brother, Skylar was never interested in hockey. She just wasn't drawn to it the way her brother was. At an early age, Skylar got into art and spent most of her free time drawing.

“Guys this is my sister Skylar,” Patric said while motioning towards Skylar, pulling her out of her thoughts. Crosby walked over to her and awkwardly smiled. “Hi I’m Sidney Crosby,” he said. Skylar nodded, “Yeah I know who you are,” she said as she managed to smile back at him. After Crosby introduced himself, all of the players in the room followed suit. Skylar couldn't help but realize that a few of them were extremely good looking. She never understood why football players got all the attention. When she was in high school, everyone had drooled over the jocks of the school. Personally, she preferred a man who could make her smile, especially when she didn't want to. She wanted someone who had a great sense of humor and an amazing personality. Unfortunately, Skylar had never found such a man.

Snapping back to reality, she focused on the players in front of her. Marc-Andre Fleury was the last to introduce himself and Skylar’s eyes lingered on him a moment longer than the rest. She slowly checked him out and liked what she saw. His brown eyes were warm and welcoming, just like his smile. His French accent made a shiver run down her spine the second he spoke. She heard a cough and looked up to see Patric looking at her intently. “What?” she asked. Patric smirked and said, “He asked you if you were staying for the game…?” Skylar looked over at Fleury. She must have been staring at him so intently earlier that she missed his question. She nodded her head and the guys in the room smiled. “I think I’m sitting behind the goalie..” she added, trailing off. “Oh okay. You’ll be sitting behind Fleury then.” Letang said and she smiled. “Okay well I will see you guys later then. I don’t want to keep you any longer,” Skylar said. She hugged Patric goodbye and walked over to her seat right behind the goal, hoping that this would be a good game.

Patric's P.O.V.

Patric watched as Skylar left the locker room, then he started to get his gear on. "Dude, your sister is hot," Downie said, smirking. Patric looked up and scowled. "She's my SISTER. Off limits Downie!" Patric said angrily. "Patric she is really attractive... You can't just expect everyone to lay off and ignore that," Crosby honestly said looking at the two of them, knowing Patric would be protective of his little sister, yet at the same time knowing Skylar is an adult and can handle herself. Patric sighed, "I know I just don't want her to get hurt...." Everyone nodded and the room got quiet as they finished putting their gear on.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first fanfiction so I hope you like it! :)