Status: In progress, slowly but surely

The Final Goal

Chapter 11

Chapter 11-

The sun's bright yellow rays streamed through the window and lit up Skylar's face. She groaned and sat up, blinking against the blinding sun. "What? Not a morning person?" She heard someone ask, and turned to see Fleury leaning in the doorway. He was still shirtless from last night and Skylar smiled, remembering the previous night. "No, I'm not a morning person," Skylar said, falling back against Fleury's soft, cushy bed. His room looked nice, pretty decent for a man living on his own. The room was well kept and the colors matched perfectly. The walls were painted a light grey color and the bed sheets nearly matched. The curtains hanging to the sides of the windows were jet black and same with the pillows. The floor was hardwood, dark to match the rest of the house, with a black area rug in front of the bed. "I can see that. It's 10:30 am and you just woke up!" Fleury's voice broke into her thoughts and she remembered he was still standing there. "Not my fault you tired me out last night!" Skylar said, getting up from Fleury's bed and wrapping her arms around his waist. "Excuses!" Fleury said, shaking his head and laughing. "Shut up. I just love sleep!" Skylar said, slapping his arm. "I'm sure you sleep a lot after games!" She retorted, knowing he has to be exhausted after those games. "Yeah that's true," he said, agreeing with her. "Do you want breakfast? I have some pancakes downstairs," Fleury said, motioning out the door and down the stairs. Skylar's eyes lit up and without saying another word, she pushed her way past Fleury and raced down the stairs. A heaping pile of pancakes was sitting on the black marbled countertop and Skylar lunged for a plate. Once she had her own food, she brought her fork to her mouth and almost died at the sweet taste of pancakes and syrup. Fleury walked in, surprised at her enthusiasm for pancakes but he didn't question it. Instead, he grabbed his own plate and sat across from her. She looked up and noticed a slight frown plastered on his handsome face. "What's wrong?" She asked. "Well our next game is on Tuesday, in Canada" Fleury responded, making eye contact with her for a moment before casting his eyes back to his pancakes. Skylar was silent for a moment. She had forgotten that the Penguins had a road trip coming up. She had gotten used to watching Fleury play and would miss him and Patric. "How long will you be gone for?" She asked, almost choking on the words. Skylar couldn't imagine what she would do without her two favorite men. "That's the thing," Fleury said, pausing before continuing. "We'll be gone for two weeks, so I was wondering if you'd like to come with us?" He finished, looking into her blue eyes for a reaction. She didn't answer at first. She could go on the road trip because she didn't have a job, leaving her free to do what she wanted. Skylar also knew she'd love spending time with Fleury outside of Pittsburgh. "Sure! I'd love to, Fleury," she said, smiling and leaning forward to give him a slight peck on the cheek. "You don't care that Downie will be there?" Fleury asked softly, worried Skylar would think twice about her answer. "Not at all. I have you and that's all I care about. I'm sure I'll be fine with a strong, handsome man like yourself to protect me," Skylar said, teasing Fleury. "So when do we leave?" Skylar asked. "Well our first game is Tuesday and it's Saturday morning so tomorrow. Is that okay?" Fleury asked, hoping it was. "Yeah that's fine. I never do anything," Skylar said. "Okay great!" Fleury said. Smiling, Skylar looked down at her empty plate. She couldn't wait to spend the next two weeks with the man of her dreams.

"I should probably get you home, Skylar. Your brother is going to kill me," Fleury said, cringing as he said the last part. "Okay," Skylar said, dragging the word out, obviously not wanting to leave. They walked out to Fleury's car and the ride to her and Patric's house was silent. Soon they arrived and Skylar walked up to the porch, Fleury's hand clutched in her own. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" He said, looking down at her intensely. "I know," she said, slowly shifting her gaze to his lips. They looked so soft and welcoming that she had to push her lips against his. The kiss was sweet, but may have gone a bit longer if the front door hadn't opened up. Skylar quickly released Fleury and spun around, facing the door. Patric stood in the doorway, a soft smirk played across his face as he stared at the two. "Hey sis! Nice of you to finally show up," he said, still smiling. Skylar gulped and looked away, stomach churning at the thought of the questions he was about to ask. "I, uh, gotta go, Fleury," she said, her cheeks turning a light shade of red. "I'll see you tomorrow," she finished and kissed him again, this time keeping it short. "Bye, Skylar. I'll see you," he said, pulling back. Skylar watched him walk to his car, and only when his car had disappeared down the street did she turn back to Patric. She stepped past him and into the house. "Yeah?" She asked, knowing he was dying to say something. "Skylar. What did you do last night?" He asked, trying to pry the information out of her. "Nothing!" She said, but it came out loud and she couldn't meet his eyes. His gaze narrowed, knowing she was hiding something. "Did you sleep with him?" He asked, coming right out with it. "Wow, straightforward much?" She asked, scoffing at how forward he was. "Stop avoiding the question," he said, eyes narrowing further. "No," she said. "Then why is your face redder than a tomato?" He asked, his smirk returning to his face. "I don't know," she said, turning her head away to hide the evidence. "It's fine, Skylar. Just a bit weird since he's my teammate, but I'll get over it. Just don't ever be lovey dovey in my house, okay? That's all I ask!" Patric said. "Okay! Sounds fair," Skylar agreed. There was a slight awkward pause before Skylar stood up. "Well I'm going to go upstairs and pack for the trip. Fleury invited me so I guess I should pack," she said. "Okay have fun with that," Patric replied, sitting back and turning the TV on. Skylar ran upstairs and flopped down on her bed. She sighed, thinking about last night. It truly was an amazing night and she couldn't wait to experience it again.
♠ ♠ ♠
The game last night was pretty disappointing :( I wrote some of this last night and today but I just didn't have time to update until now. I hope you like it and if there are any mistakes please just let me know! Comment your opinions! I might update before next week but no promises! Thank you! :D