Status: In progress, slowly but surely

The Final Goal

Chapter 12

It was almost 1:00 pm. Skylar looked around her room, sensing she was forgetting something. "Oh!" she exclaimed, running into the bathroom attached to her room. Skylar grabbed the blue toothbrush that was sitting on her counter. Finally satisfied with the items she packed, Skylar descended the stairs with her suitcase in hand. She had spent most of Saturday night and Sunday morning packing. "You ready?" Patric asked, standing by the front door with his own suitcase. Skylar nodded, already too excited to speak. Following Patric out the front door, Skylar made her way to the car waiting for them in their driveway. As she loaded her suitcase into the trunk, Skylar felt the hair on the back of her neck stand up. She stopped and looked around, but didn't see anyone. Remembering how she felt the same way the other day after her shopping trip, Skylar hurried into the car. Hopefully it was just her mind playing tricks on her.

The ride to the airport was silent. Patric was on his phone checking the weather, so Skylar turned to stare out the window. Once at the airport, time surprisingly flew by and before she knew it Skylar was boarding their plane. Following Patric, Skylar searched the seats for Fleury. Spotting him towards the middle next to Cosby, Skylar smiled and made her way over to them. Since the seat next to Fleury was taken, Skylar took a seat next to Beau, who was sitting in a seat across the isle from Fleury. "Hey!" she said, smiling as she sat down. Fleury looked up from his conversation with Sid and smiled. "I'm glad you could make it," he said, before turning back to Sid and continuing their conversation. "So have you been to Canada before?" Skylar heard Beau ask, and she turned to face him. "Yeah I was there once with my friend a few years ago. We wanted to see Niagara Falls". Skylar had never been anywhere as a kid, so after school she decided to take a trip with her friend Sia. "Are you and Fleury planning on doing anything while we are here? Maybe go on a date or something?" he asked. "I don't know. We haven't talked about our plans yet," Skylar said, sneaking a glance at Fleury. "Who does Fleury room with?" she asked Beau, figuring he shared a room with one of his teammates. Beau thought for a moment before responding, "Usually he rooms with Letang. You'll probably get a separate room by yourself". Skylar nodded. She figured they would be in different rooms since Fleury is on a trip with his team. He needs to be close to his teammates and Skylar understood that. Leaning back in her seat, she plugged in her earbuds and drifted off listening to Ghost by Halsey.

Skylar was jolted awake and she sat up quickly, realizing that someone was shaking her. She looked up and her gaze met Fleury's eyes, which sparkled with mischief. Pushing Fleury away, Skylar stood up and stretched. Her back was killing her from the cramped position she had slept in. When she was finished, she looked around and noticed almost everyone was gone. "Where is everyone?" she asked. "They already got off the plane! It took me awhile to wake you up," Fleury said, laughing as Skylar's cheeks turned a dark shade of pink. For once, she wished she wasn't a heavy sleeper. "C'mon they're just outside," Fleury said, grabbing Skylar's hand and leading her out the plane. Once out, Skylar saw Beau and Letang waiting for them. "Hey where's everyone else?" Fleury asked, unable to find the rest of his team in the lobby. "They didn't want to wait, so they left to drop off their luggage at the hotel," Letang said. "Okay I guess we should head over to the hotel then," Skylar told Fleury. They walked out of the airport and using their car, they soon arrived at the hotel. The hotel was fairly close to the Canadiens' arena since they would be playing them first during the road trip. Walking into the hotel, Skylar followed Letang as he lead them to his and Fleury's room. "Hey I'll see you guys later! I'm going to put my stuff away," Beau said, motioning to a room across the hall. "Okay see you!" she said, before walking into Fleury's room. There were two beds: both had dark blue blankets and bleach white pillows. Fleury and Letang quickly unpacked their things and Skylar waited, sprawled out on Fleury's bed. "Where am I staying?" she asked Fleury, seeing he had finally finished. "I'll show you! See you later Tanger," he said, before motioning for Skylar to follow. Getting up, Skylar left the room and followed Fleury to a room next to Beau's. He opened the door and she saw that Beau was right; she had a room all to herself. Throwing her bags in the corner, Fleury gripped Skylar's hips with his hands and pulled her onto the bed. His face was mere inches from hers and she watched as he slowly leaned closer. He was so close that she could almost taste his lips and not wanting to wait anymore, she pushed her lips against his. Skylar pushed Fleury down on the bed, her legs still straddling him. She never broke the kiss as she started unbuttoning his shirt. Her hand ran across his chest and she smiled, feeling his heart beat against her hand. His tongue pushed against her lips and she eagerly opened her mouth, letting their tongues battle for dominance. Skylar trailed her hands down and slipped her hands into his pants. He gasped into her mouth and Skylar smiled, loving that she made him feel this way. "Hey guys wanna go out to din-" Skylar heard and Fleury pushed her back, sending her tumbling off the bed and sprawled on the floor. "What the hell?" Fleury said, his husky voice making Skylar involuntarily shudder. She finally looked up towards the door and saw Letang standing there, dying of laughter. "Sorry," he gasped, struggling to keep a straight face. "I just wanted to see if you guys wanted dinner, but I don't want to interrupt anything," he said, letting a smile creep back onto his face. "You didn't interrupting anything," Fleury said, hastily buttoning his shirt. Letang scoffed, "Yeah it's not like her hands were in your pants or your tongue down her throat". Skylar's face burned a red so bright, she was sure she looked like a tomato. She couldn't believe someone walked in on them like that, but at least now they would be more careful. Nobody likes PDA. Fleury struggling for words, ignored Letang's comment. "Yeah we would like dinner. We will be down in a second," he said, sounding slightly embarrassed as well. "Okay but don't be too long," Letang said, leaving the room smiling. Skylar groaned after the door closed behind him. "How am I going to face them?" she asked, her face in her hands. "You'll be fine! I'll be with you," Fleury said, coming down from the bed to wrap his arms around her. Standing her up, he moved her towards the door. "It's not that big of a deal. They'll get over it," he said, trying to calm her nerves. Turning to the door, Skylar took a deep breath. Her heart beat faster as she reached forward and grabbed the knob. Turning her hand she stepped out into the hallway, ready to face the team.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it wasn't posted sooner! I had most of it typed earlier but when I went to post it, Mibba stopped working :/ I hope you have a good week! Tell me what you think of the chapter! I hope you like it and thank you so much for reading :D