Status: In progress, slowly but surely

The Final Goal

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"I'm freaking out!" Skylar cried into her cellphone. "Why? He's just a normal person. It's really not a big deal," Rachel, Skylar's best friend, replied. "I know," Skylar said, even though she knew Rachel didn't fully understand her situation. She figured since Fleury was a fairly well known athlete, it wouldn't be a great idea to tell everyone she was going on a date with him. It was only one date anyway, who knows what would happen in the future.

She threw herself down on her bed and sighed, "Sorry Rachel, I'll call you later. I have to get ready for our date." Skylar hung up the phone and looked around her room. It seemed her entire closet was thrown into one huge pile. She groaned looking at the mess. Skylar was freaked out for her date with Fleury tonight. She had called him a few days ago and they decided he would come over to her house, well Patric's house, and she would make him dinner. Skylar looked at the pile of clothes and grabbed a purple and grey button down shirt and a pair of jeans. After she finished getting dressed, Skylar ran down the steps and into the kitchen. Grabbing some noodles, she decided to make Alfredo. It was one of her favorite dishes and she hoped Fleury would be fine with it. Patric entered the room and looked at her curiously. "Oh crap! I forgot to tell you," Skylar exclaimed. "Fleury is coming over for dinner so uh just stay upstairs okay? I'll bring you some food later," she added, hoping he'd be okay with it. He just shrugged his shoulders, "As long as I get food out of it, I'm fine. Just no kissing, touching, or anything else in this house. Okay?" Skylar slowly nodded her head. She didn't really mind Patric's rules. Soon her Alfredo was ready, so Skylar put some on two plates and set them on the dining room table. The second she sat down in a chair, the doorbell rang. Skylar jumped up and ran to the door, excitedly. Opening the door, she smiled. Fleury was standing on the porch, wearing a blue button down shirt and dark grey jeans. His hair was slicked back and his eyes shone with happiness. "Hey," Skylar said smiling. Fleury smiled a dazzling smile back at her, "Hey." Skylar moved back and pushed the door open more, so he could come inside. He stepped in and walked over to the kitchen as Skylar shut the door behind her. "Wow I love Alfredo!" Fleury said looking at the food she had set out. "Really it's my favorite," She said, smiling. Skylar walked over to Fleury and they both sat down opposite of each other. They started to eat the Alfredo and Fleury looked up at her. "So why did you move here with your brother?" He asked. Skylar looked at him, swallowing, then said, "My old apartment was way too small and I missed seeing him all the time." Fleury nodded his head understanding. They made some more small talk as they ate and when they finished, they moved to the couch. "What do you do Skylar? Are you in school still? I don't know exactly how old you are.." Fleury trailed off kind of sheepishly. Skylar smiled, "It's fine! I'm only 21, and I'm actually not going to college because I want to be an artist." Skylar watched as Fleury's smiling face changed into a shocked one. "Seriously?" He said, "You're 21?!" Skylar nodded her head, not seeing why this was an issue. "But I'm almost 10 years older than you!" Fleury said, frowning. Skylar leaned over towards him and put a hand on his shoulder. "Fleury it's really not a big deal. It's not like I'm underage" she added, smiling. Fleury sighed and Skylar felt his muscles loosen slightly. Skylar looked into his brown eyes, and slowly started leaning in. Fleury did the same and soon their lips met. Skylar felt the butterflies in her stomach and gasped. Smiling, she pulled back and looked at Fleury. He was smiling as well and his eyes shone. "That was nice," Skylar whispered and Fleury agreed. Fleury continued to ask Skylar questions and she answered them while asking her own questions as well. She found out that Fleury loves chocolate and he's a cat person just like her. He loves to joke around and he sometimes swears. After an hour of talking, Skylar yawned. Looking at the clock she saw it was almost 12 am. Sighing she stood up and looked down at Fleury. "You should probably leave. You have a game tomorrow and my brother might think we are doing something inappropriate down here," she added laughing. Fleury smiled and she walked him over to the door. "I had a great time tonight," he said. Skylar looked up at him, to see him leaning in again. She met him halfway and they kissed for the second time that night. Smiling, Skylar pulled away. "I'll see you at the game Fleury," she said, waving goodbye as he drove off in his grey Lamborghini. Skylar sighed and shut the door behind her. She ran upstairs and quickly went to bed, already excited about what tomorrow would bring.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is mainly a filler chapter... I wanted Fleury and Skylar to have a nice dinner together and this is what I came up with! Thanks for reading!! :D