Status: In progress, slowly but surely

The Final Goal

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Skylar rushed around her room, looking for her Hornqvist jersey. She wanted a Fleury jersey, but didn't have the money to buy one yet. $170 for a single jersey? Outrageous. Finally finding it, she slipped it on and grabbed a pair of yoga pants. Tying her black converse, she yelled to Patric. "C'mon Patric hurry up!" He was getting his stuff together for the game, but he was taking forever. They had to be there early, so Patric could get ready with his team. Running down the stairs she grabbed Patric's car keys and started the car for him. A moment later she saw him running out of their house. "Get in!" She yelled at him. He quickly jumped in the passenger seat and Skylar pulled out and started the drive to the arena. "So how was your date last night with Fleury?" Patric asked, looking at Skylar intently. Skylar smiled remembering their date,"It was great, Patric. He's really sweet." They continued chatting for the rest of the ride and Skylar was glad she could be this close to her brother again. Pulling into the arena, Skylar followed Patric down to the locker room. Walking in, she saw Fleury sitting in a corner pulling on his pads for the game. He looked really stressed out, so Skylar walked over to him and sat down next to him. She wrapped an arm around him and looked into his eyes. "It's okay Fleury," she whispered. "You'll do great, I know you will." she continued, giving him a reassuring smile. She watched Fleury nod his head, but she knew he was still nervous. Her eyes wandered down to his lips and she leaned in for a soft, sweet kiss. Smiling, she pulled back. Fleury smirked at her. "That seemed to help me calm down, maybe we should do it again.." He said, leaning in for another kiss. Skylar felt his lips reach hers and passionately kissed him back. This kiss was more heated than the first, and Skylar's hands found their way into Fleury's hair. Breathing hard, she pulled back. "Fleury I should go... You need to suit up still" she giggled. She watched as Fleury sighed, his back slumping against the wall. "Don't worry, I'll be right behind you in the game. I'll be cheering you on, I promise" Fleury smiled at her and she hugged him before standing up. "I'll see you soon," she said, and left the locker room to make her way to her seat behind Fleury's goal.

Fleury's P.O.V.

Fleury sighed as he watched Skylar leave the room. "So you and Skylar..." Downie said, standing in front of Fleury. Fleury looked up at him and nodded. "Yeah what about it?" Fleury asked him, trying to tie his skates. "Nothing... But I hope you know she doesn't want you," Downie said glaring at Fleury. Fleury could feel himself getting angry, but he refused to let himself act on that anger as he stood up, face-to-face with Downie. "I'm pretty sure she's dating me, not you." Fleury pointed out. Downie smiled, "Maybe for now, but she will only get bored with you." Fleury looked at him narrowing his eyes, "You know nothing about her, Downie!" Downie leaned in close to Fleury and said, "All I know Fleury, is how great it felt to be inside her," Downie started to laugh, but Fleury grabbed him by the collar of his jersey. "I don't care about the sex, Downie," he spat. Surprisingly, Downie didn't flinch under Fleury's intense stare. "I'm not worried. She'll come back to me. You'll see," Downie said, smirking as he walked away. His words made a slight shiver go down Fleury's spine, but he refused to dwell on it. A few minutes later, Fleury was standing by the entrance to the ice. Turning around, he saw everyone else behind him. Fleury led the team out when they got announced and made his way over to his net. Stretching in his crease, he hoped Downie was wrong about Skylar.

Skylar's P.O.V.

Skylar watched Fleury doing his stretches in his crease. The game started after the national anthem and she cringed as the Capitals got the puck and flew down the ice towards Fleury. Ovechkin shot the puck at him and Fleury managed to make the save. Skylar continued to watch the game and soon it was the third period. She looked at the scoreboard and cringed when she saw it was 3-2 Capitals. Fleury was playing okay but it definitely wasn't his best night. She watched as Ovechkin came up and scored high on Fleury. Sighing, Skylar watched the time count down and stood up when the final buzzer sounded. Capitals won 5-2. Fleury made his way off the ice with his head down. Knowing Fleury would be upset, Skylar waited outside the locker room for him. Downie, however, was the first to leave. "Hey Skylar we are going to a bar to have some drinks, you wanna come with?" He asked her. Skylar looked at him for a second. He seemed like he genuinely wanted her to come, so she agreed. She went in Downie's car and they soon arrived at a bar. Ordering a few shots, Downie turned to her. "To a better game the next time around," he said downing his shot. "Where are the guys?" She asked him, curiously. She thought they would be at the bar by now. Downie shrugged and didn't look her in the eyes, "Oh you know probably stuck in traffic or something." Skylar nodded and drank her shot, and soon her and Downie were drunk. Skylar was stumbling around outside, trying to find her way to Downie's car when he stopped her. "Let's walk. My place isn't too far from here and we probably shouldn't drive," he said pulling her down the sidewalk. Somehow they managed to get to Downie's place without hurting themselves. Walking inside, Downie pushed Skylar against his bedroom door. Skylar felt his lips push roughly against her own. His tongue pressed against her lips, wanting her to open her mouth but she resisted. She felt his hands snake down to her butt and he sneezed it, making her gasp. His tongue pushed into her mouth and they battled for dominance. Picking her up, Downie lifted her into his room and threw her down on his bed. Skylar looked at him and saw how dark his eyes were with lust. He leaned down and grabbed her wrists, pushing them above her head. Restrained, she didn't struggle against him as he kissed down her neck. He stopped for a moment and she watched him pull his shirt off. Reaching his hands down, she followed with her eyes as he took his pants and boxers off. Looking at him standing there completely naked, she shivered. He climbed back on top of her and lifted her shirt above her head. He continued to undress her, as she watched him with her bright, blue eyes. When they were both naked, he turned around and grabbed his phone. Snapping a picture of her, he threw it into a corner of his room. She was barely conscious for the remainder of the night, but after the sex Skylar lay awake wishing it was Fleury she was in bed with instead of Downie. Eventually she cried herself to sleep, hoping Fleury would understand that she never wanted Downie. She only wants Fleury.
♠ ♠ ♠
So again I'm not so sure if you will like this chapter, but I hope you do! If not please tell me! I absolutely love feedback! It makes me smile!! :) I'll try to update again soon! Thanks for reading :D