Status: In progress, slowly but surely

The Final Goal

Chapter 9

Skylar brought Fleury up to her room, searching for a movie to watch. "Any movie in particular you want to watch?" She asked Fleury, still rooting through stacks of movies. "I don't know. Pick whatever you want! I'm sure it will be good," he said, sitting down on her bed. Suddenly, Skylar screamed in delight. "I found the best movie!" she said, holding up Batman Begins. Fleury smiled, seeing pure joy on her face. It was obvious she was a huge Batman fan. Skylar ran over to her Xbox and put the movie in. Jumping on the bed, she rested her body against Fleury's. His warmth spread into her body as they watched the movie start. "Hey Fleury?" she said, sitting up slightly. "Yeah, Skylar?" he prompted, turning his head to face her. "Since the media already knows about our relationship, can we go on a proper date? Maybe go out to dinner, or go to the zoo?" she asked, eyes shining with hope. "I don't know. I mean we wanted to keep it a secret, but that obviously didn't work out so I don't see why not. Are you sure you're okay with going out in public so soon? What if someone notices us? I don't what you to believe these terrible conclusions the media comes up with," he said, resting his head against hers. "I know, but I'm not embarrassed that I'm your girlfriend. I can't just hide from what Downie did, and I'm okay with that. I want to go on a real date with you," she said strongly, her mind already made up. "Okay. Maybe we can go to the zoo later! It's supposed to be a nice day," Fleury said, finally agreeing. "Okay! For now let's just watch the movie," she said, turning back to the TV screen and snuggling up against Fleury. Cuddling was never appealing to her before, but with Fleury she didn't mind. She never liked hugging either, but for some reason she craved Fleury's hugs. Maybe he was changing her? She shrugged off her thoughts and focused on Bruce Wayne falling down a well on his property.

The movie ended quickly and before she knew it, Skylar was at the zoo with Fleury. They walked in holding hands, not caring if anyone saw. The feeling was incredible! "We should go see the tigers!" Skylar said, tugging Fleury's arm in the direction of their enclosure. "Okay okay! Slow down!" he said, laughing at her enthusiasm. Skylar stopped as she reached the railing, marveling at their beauty. "They're beautiful," she whispered, clutching Fleury's hand tightly in her own. "It's a shame their home is being deforested," she said mostly to herself. "What do you mean?" Fleury asked, interested. "Their home is deforested for palm oil. 300 football field size sections are deforested every hour. Orangutans can be extinct in the next 5-10 years and the Sumatran tiger less than 3 years. It's a terrible business," she said, shaking her head. "Wow. I didn't realize it was like that. Is there anything I can do?" He asked, feeling sorry for her. He couldn't imagine what it would feel like if his passion was gone forever. "No, Fleury, it's fine. I just try to tell people about it and it helps. It's crazy how many things we don't know," she said, turning away from the tigers. "Let's go see the Amur leopards!" she said, once again tugging Fleury's arm. He chuckled and followed closely behind her. They reached the enclosure and Skylar smiled. Their tails are so pretty and she was instantly mesmerized. "Thank you for taking me here, Fleury," she said, wrapping her arms around him. "You're welcome. You know I would do anything for you," Fleury replied. His warm eyes shifted to her blue ones and she sighed. She watched his head lower towards hers and eager to feel his lips, she met him halfway. Their lips collided and she smiled into the kiss. The feeling of his lips on hers was euphoric and she was never disappointed. Knowing they were in public, Skylar wanted to keep things innocent but couldn't stop when she felt Fleury push his tongue into her mouth. Their tongues battled each other, fighting for dominance. Skylar struggled to pull away and when she finally did, her face was red with embarrassment. "That was intense," she said, looking at Fleury. He laughed at her flushed face, causing her to playfully punch him in the arm. "Not cool," she said, her face reddening even more. Skylar always blushed, she can't help it with the way Fleury makes her feel. He could barely look at her and she would still flush a bright red, resembling a tomato. "It's fine, Skylar! I find your blush cute! Your cheeks turn this lovely pink color. It's so adorable," he said, running his fingers over her pink cheeks. She rolled her eyes, "Okay well we should probably keep going! I want to see more". They continued to walk around the zoo, visiting all the different enclosures. Soon, the zoo closed and Fleury and Skylar were forced to head back. Dropping Skylar off at Patric's, Fleury walked her to the porch. "I'll see you soon, okay? I'll have a game tomorrow, maybe you can come?" he said, already missing her. "Okay! I'll see you then!" she said, leaning forward and kissing his lips softly. Pulling back, she smiled. "Bye, Fleury," she said, going inside and shutting the door behind her. She watched Fleury walk away from the window and sighed. How did she get this lucky?
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm sorry this is late! I was off school today so decided to write it all today. I watched the Penguins game last night instead of writing, so I'm sorry :/ I was kind of disappointed Fleury wasn't playing but the guy can't play every game right? Hope you all have a great week and I hope you like the chapter! Thank you for reading!! :D