Status: NOW ON WATTPAD

Rebellion

The Bonding

I opened my eyes to a bright light as consciousness rushed over me. I laid there for a minute not really being able to move, my body was aching. The thoughts of last night kept playing in my head. Linda dancing with a stranger, me walking off with a different stranger, and running as fast as I could through the streets of Orlando. Then it was black. That’s when it hit me, where am I? Those three words were on repeat in my head as I sat up, maybe faster than I should have. I yelped in pain. Every inch of me was in pain. Did I fall on something? Before I knew it, I could feel tears rolling down my face. I was in pain, I didn’t know where I was, I was scared. I was in the midst of having a panic attack.

“He- oh, hey, it’s okay...” My head shot up to come face to face with a boy that looked to be 20. He had jet black hair that laid just above his shoulders and forest green eyes.
“Who are you?” I asked, panicked that he could hurt me. “My name is Hunter. I’m not going to hurt you; I’m trying to get you back to health.” He said, sincerity laced in his words. I nodded as he handed me a cup of water. I drank it all in one sitting, I hadn’t realized how thirsty I was.
“Slow down kid, you’ll make yourself sick.” Hunter chuckled.
“I’m pretty sure I’m at that point already.” I said. “Where am I?”
“Well, you’re in our base, under an old office building.”
“Your base has a small hospital?” I asked, looking around at the hospital room resemblance.
“It’s a long story that is for another time. How are you feeling?” He asked me, curiosity visible in his eyes.
“Well, I’m definitely in pain, everywhere. I feel like I haven’t slept in a couple days either. Other than that, I feel fine. What happened to me?”
“What do you remember...?”
“Well, I was at a club with my friend, Linda. This woman came up to me and asked if I wanted to come to her house, I think her name was Annabelle? Anyway, we walked down an alleyway and I started to get uncomfortable, that’s when I tried to go back to the club, but she wouldn’t let me. She said I was hers or something like that. Then I remember running. That’s it.” I said explaining what had happened the previous night. I took a deep breath looking at Hunter to say something. Anything. If he knew something, I wanted to know.

Hunter took a deep breath. “There is more to what happened after you blacked out, but I feel like our leader and my brother should explain since they were the ones who got you.” He said. I wanted to break down again. What could have possibly happened? “I’m glad you’re okay though, Paige.” How did he know my name? “I never told you what my name was...” I said, looking at him with suspicion. “I looked at your driver's license.” He said, which calmed me down. I was still nervous being around Hunter, but he seemed to be calming me down. Hunter seemed sweet, considering he was helping me out.

We sat in the hospital-like room getting to know each other. We enjoyed the same music and movies, and he even laughed at my stupid jokes. We stayed like that for three hours before I started getting really tired.
“This has been nice, but I’m really tired.” I said. “There’s a couch over on the other side of the room, you’ll be more comfortable there.” I nodded. I walked over to the couch and laid down. Hunter walking out of the room was the last thing I saw before sleep took over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Third chapter is up! Thanks to our one subscriber!! We'd love for you to comment so we know who you are!