Status: NOW ON WATTPAD

Rebellion

The Frustration

“That’s it; we have to get rid of her.” I frowned and looked up at Jamison, who didn’t seem happy with my idea to be rid of the human girl.

“Liv, you know she’ll be hunted down and killed almost immediately…” he said softly, and I sighed, rubbing my face.

“J, she’ll just lead them here. We only have ten demons! We don’t stand a chance against Annabelle yet!” I was getting very frustrated with this entire situation. Of course we’d end up with a human, who was wanted by the freaking leader of the demons taking over the Earth… Of freaking course.

As my frustration with this situation built up, so did my anger. I couldn’t believe this was happening! This stupid human could get us all slaughtered before we had the strength to do anything good! We didn’t even know where Annabelle’s base was yet, let alone how many demons she had under her control! I scowled and squeezed my eyes shut as I held my head on both sides. I felt like I was going to explode… Until I felt fingers lightly raking through my auburn hair, in attempt to calm me down. I sighed softly, letting one word escape.

“Jamison…” At the sound of his name, he pulled me closer and continued stroking my hair. He was the only one who’d ever been successful in calming me down whenever I got angry. This was part of the reason why he was my second in command.

“Just breathe, Liv… It’s okay.” He was always so soft-spoken, which was the complete opposite of me. I didn’t understand how he could be so calm all the time, even when things would go wrong.

I took deep breaths and slowly relaxed. My arms fell from the sides of my head and I rested the top of my head against his chest before opening my eyes. I breathed a few more times before looking up at him, meeting his eyes as mine slowly turned from pitch black back to hazel for the second time today. Back in Hell, we were all just grotesque monsters, but up here, where we could find the humans that could house us the best, we looked… normal. I thought Jamison’s human was beautiful, with his chocolate brown eyes, freckles, and light brown hair. Mine wasn’t too bad, either. I sighed and looked away before turning back to our map.

“Okay, so we found her here…” I pointed to the road by Disney World, “and we still don’t know what club Annabelle tried to take her from. I mean, I assume it was a club; Annabelle loves staking out places like that. I wonder if she’s awake yet…” I frowned and looked over at the door. Jamison put a hand on my shoulder lightly.

“Hunter will tell us what she remembers in due time. Just wait.” I looked back over at Jamison and nodded. He was right; I was just getting anxious. I was worried she’d freak out completely… But Hunter was good at making humans calm. He usually came on scouts with us, but tonight, he had to stay back in order to make sure we still had enough medicine. Jamison and I spent the next few hours trying to find every single club in Orlando, which took an extremely long time. Humans really loved these places… I didn’t get the hype. I mean, it was just a bunch of sweaty people dancing too close and drinking too much. Gross.

My head snapped up when I heard the door open, and I watched as Hunter walked in slowly. I stood up straighter, adjusting my shirt.

“Well, did she wake up? What did she say?” I frowned, watching him chuckle softly.

“Olivia, calm down. You’re always so tense.” He smiled and shook his head. I fought the urge to yell at him; of course I was tense! An entire race was being choked out by our race! I glanced at Jamison, who was watching me intently, in case I needed to be calmed down again. I took a deep breath and looked back at Hunter, who was watching us with a smirk.

“What?” I snapped, causing him to chuckle again.

“Nothing, nothing. You two are just so cute. Tell me, J, does Livvy enjoy cuddling more when you two are alone, or is she always this angry?” He laughed. Hunter and I were very different people; he loved joking around, and I hated it. Especially if it was about me and Jamison. We weren’t together, and we never would be. We were just close. My eye twitched a little and Jamison looked at Hunter.

“Enough. What did the human say?” he asked, easily getting Hunter to back off. Hunter shrugged and frowned a little.

Paige doesn’t remember much. She remembers being at a club, being led away by Annabelle, and then running.” I rubbed my temple and frowned, while also trying to hold back an eye roll when he emphasized her name. I honestly didn't really care what her name was.

“So we have nothing. Awesome.” I frowned. Hunter shrugged a little, making me sigh again. “Alright, get over here and help us circle clubs. We’ve started to notice a pattern with Annabelle’s hunting grounds…” Hunter walked over quickly and looked down at the map.

“Well, let’s get to work.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long! I've had two exams in the past week, so I've had to study hard and make sure everything was done for my classes! I hope you like this chapter!