Status: Complete

Weight of Living

Four - Jack.

“Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget…”

- Hotel California, Eagles.


Jack watches as Alex chooses a movie for them to watch. Rian and Zack are doing their own thing, which is fine by Jack. It means that he has some time with Alex, and Alex only. Not that he doesn’t like hanging out with the drummer and bassist, he just likes time with Alex. Plus, it gives Jack a chance to test something he’s been thinking about since the time when Alex changed his jeans when Jack said they were too tight.

“Jack.”

“Yeah Alex?” Jack says, his eyes focusing on Alex’s brown ones.

“Would you be ok with watching ‘Iron Man’?” Alex asks, blinking his eyelashes.

This, Jack thinks, is the perfect time to test his theory. He shakes his head slowly from side to side, saying, “Alex, I’ve seen that millions of times. Can you find something else?”

Alex’s shoulders drop a tiny bit as he says, “Ok. What d’you wanna watch?”

“Find the first ‘Amazing Spider-Man’, would you?”

Jack phrases it as a question, like Alex has a choice, but he really doesn’t. He knows that Alex will turn and do what he says.

It’s strangely satisfying, seeing his boyfriend do what he says.

He decides that he needs to do it again as Alex finds the movie he requested, puts the disc in the DVD player and snuggles next to him on the sofa.

(---)


The next night, after the show, the band and crew decide to go to a nearby bar. Once they arrive, Alex clings to Jack’s hand. Jack smiles, he’d known that Alex would react like this. It’s why Jack suggested it to one of the crew.

“Alex? What do you want to drink?” Rian says loudly.

Alex looks up at Jack as he mumbles, “I dunno.”

Jack smiles again, this is the second time today that Alex has wanted him to choose something for him.

He answers for the both of them, “We’ll have rum and coke Rian – make them a double.”

Rian nods and pushes his way to the bar with Zack and a couple of the crew. In the time it takes for Rian to return with their drinks, Jack has found him and Alex a seat near the side of the bar. It’s crowded, but that’s what they get for coming to a bar on a Friday night. Jack doesn’t mind the crowd, but Alex clearly does, if the way he’s pressing against Jack is any indication.

“Here you go guys.” Rian says, putting two glasses on the small, round table in front of Jack.

“Thanks Rian.” Jack says, then when Alex doesn’t say anything, he nudges his boyfriend.

Alex looks up from where he’d been toying with a small hole in his jeans.

“What?”

Jack sighs, like it’s painful to explain things to Alex, and says, “Alex, say thank you to Rian.”

“Thank you Rian.”

“It’s cool.” Rian says, smiling and almost blinding Jack with his white teeth.

(---)


Alex is fairly drunk, Jack realises as they slowly make their way back to the tour bus. He thinks it’s because he’s been ordering them double rum and cokes all night. Jack himself doesn’t feel all that drunk, the world’s tipping to one side maybe, but nothing major. His boyfriend on the other hand is quite drunk, staggering from side to side. He supposes that’s due to Alex usually sticking to beer and wine, rarely dipping into spirits unless there’s a serious need for him to get drunk quickly.

They reach the tour bus and Alex stumbles into the door, clutching his nose a moment later. Jack thinks about laughing, but then decides that doing so would be mean. After all, he’s done stupider things whilst drunk.

“C’mon.” He says, unable to stop the small grin at Alex’s antics forming on his face as he unlocks the tour bus door with ease, “Let’s go in.”

“How did you do that?” Alex asks, wide-eyed as he trips over the steps into the bus. The only thing that stops him from falling over completely is Jack’s hand on his shoulder.

“Steady on Alex.” Jack says, chuckling slightly. Alex really is drunk. He guides Alex through to the bunks and pushes him gently onto his bunk.

Alex pouts as Jack undresses him. He says, “You not sleeping with me?”

“I’ll be right here.” Jack promises before starting on his own clothes, tossing them to the floor by his bunk. He could care less if someone trips over them. He’s done that many times and he’s fine.

Jack crawls under his covers and turns to face Alex, who’s doing the same, albeit more slowly.

“Night Jack.” Alex says quietly.

“Night Alex.” He replies, thinking that his test was a success.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hahaha... I love this Jack, he's slightly evil! It's fun to write! :D

Let me know what you think in the comments!