Won't Let You Go

Chapter Four

I stopped running when my sides began hurting and was out of breath. I took in my surroundings and saw that I had made it to the beach. I took in the beautiful sight before me. The moon was big and bright and it glowed causing the light to reflect off the pacific ocean. I watched as the waves hit the sand and sighed. I wasn't running to anything in particular, I just knew that I had to get away from everyone. I needed to be able to collect my thoughts and figure out what I wanted to do. I came to the realization after sitting on the sand for what seemed like hours before realizing that I needed to see Matt. I needed to stop being scared and talk to him. I thought I at least deserved answers. I wanted to know why he killed Hayley. It just didn't make any sense.

I thought back to when Hayley was alive. She got along with everybody. The guys and Michelle loved her. Matt and I would always go over to Brian and Michelle's and hung out and she would go with us. She made everyone laugh. She had the weirdest sense of humor, but I loved that about her. She always made me smile even when I didn't want to. I just didn't understand. Matt and Hayley got along, but there were a few times when they would act weird around each other, but I never thought anything of it. Was I so completely oblivious that I didn't see the bigger picture? Was my Husband and best friend having an affair? How could I have been so blind? It all made sense to me now. All those nights Matt would be gone for hours at night and when I would send Hayley text messages and she would never reply until the next morning.

I took one last look at the ocean before getting up. I needed to go talk to the guys and Michelle. I would figure out what to do about Matt later. I still wasn't sure if it was a good idea to confront him. I was never good about confrontation in the first place so confronting Matt would be difficult I was sure of it. I had to tell the guys about my plan because I didn't want to be alone with Matt just in case things decided to go bad.

I started making my way to my apartment. I mentally cursed myself for wearing only shorts and a tank top. I didn't even have shoes on. My feet were going to be so sore in the morning. I should have thought before running out like I did. I knew that everyone would be worried, but I didn't want them to get hurt because of me. I knew if Matt would have found me and the guys would get in his way, he wouldn't think twice about his actions or the consequences of his actions. He was a monster now. Plain and simple. He loved the guys like brothers. They've been friends since high school. It didn't matter to him. Nothing did anymore. I could tell when I watched them take him away in hand cuffs. His normal hazel eyes that I loved so much were empty. There was nothing there anymore. The Matt I loved was gone.

I finally, after what seemed like an eternity, made it to the street my apartment building was on. There were a few houses that surrounded it. It wasn't anything fancy, but I loved it. I looked around still paranoid that Matt was some where around. I could feel eyes on me; his eyes, but I didn't see anyone. I jumped when one of the neighbors dogs barked and continued walking towards my apartment. I could see that most of the guys cars were gone. I guess they decided to go out and look for me.

I opened the door to my apartment and quickly shut it behind me. I made sure to lock it before glancing around the apartment. I called out to see if anyone was still here, but it was quiet. They were gone. I went straight to my room to look for my phone. I went to grab my phone to call Brian but realized it was dead. I walked over to the side of my bed and found my charger plugged into the wall. I plugged my phone up and waited for it to charge. I glanced around the room and could feel myself shake, I was hoping someone would have stayed behind me to make sure I came back. I really didn't want to be alone knowing he was out there. I was about to grab my phone when I heard someone clear their throat in the doorway. I looked over and saw Matt. I could feel myself shake even more.

I couldn't speak. I couldn't do anything. His glare frightened me. I quickly stood up and waited for him to speak or make a move. I was going to duck if he came after me and try to escape to the front door.

"Did you miss me?" he asked as he made his way closer to me. I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried to quickly move past him, but he caught my arm and pulled me towards him until my back hit is chest. He wrapped his right arm around my waist and his other arm around my neck.

"Matt, please, let me go." I tried fighting him off, but he was too strong, "the guys will be here any minute."

Matt chuckled and said, "No, they won't. I had a friend do me a little favor."

"What kind of favor?"

"If I tell you I would have to kill you." he brushed his lips against my ear and whispered, "I can't wait to be inside of you again."