Won't Let You Go

Chapter Six

Hours passed since Matt had left. His words never leaving my mind; "if you try to leave, they will kill you," but who was he talking about and why did they want to kill me? I wasn't going to let what he said get to me so I decided to get up and take a quick shower. The hot water hitting my back felt amazing. It had felt like an eternity since I felt some what relaxed. I washed my hair and body and got out. I decided I was going to take a nap since I haven't had a decent slumber since Matt kidnapped me.

The bed was huge and comfortable, but the room smelled terrible. It wasn't the nicest motel, but staying in a fancy hotel was out of the question. Matt had to pay cash everywhere we went. I knew the law was looking for him, but something told me they weren't the only ones.

I was just about to fall asleep when I heard the door creak open; my eyes instantly jerking open. It was Matt. He had blood all over him.

"What happened?"

"It's nothing. Go back to bed. I'm gonna take a shower." I watched as he walked to the bathroom. I jumped as soon as he slammed the door shut.

I wasn't sure why, but I decided to get up and go check on him. I guess my curiosity was getting the best of me. Did I really want to know why he had a lot of blood on him? Of course I did. If I was going to be stuck with him, I had the right to know. If his life was in danger, mine was too.

I slowly reached for the door handle, licking my lips, I opened the door a few inches and watched his body move behind the shower curtain. I couldn't help but notice the bloody clothes on the floor. I frowned. What was really going on?

I was so deep in thought when I finally heard Matt clear his throat.

"Are you going to join me or just stand there?"

"I took a shower already. I was just..." he cut me off.

"What? Checking on me? I thought you hated my guts?"

"I do..."

"I'm fine. Get some sleep. We're leaving in a couple of hours."

"We really need to talk, Matt. I have a lot of questions that need answers to."

He sighed, "I know you do. We will talk.. eventually, but now isn't the time."

"NO! I want to talk now. I deserve to know why you killed my best friend. Was you two having an affair, Matt?"

"WHAT? NO! God no! You have no idea, Haven. You really don't."

"Then explain it to me, please? I loved you, Matt."

With a heavy sigh, Matt grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his waist; his eyes never leaving mine. I made my way to sit down on the bed as Matt followed behind me. I sat down and watched as he began pacing around the room.

"I've been involved in some pretty bad shit before I met you, Haven; before I met the guys," I swallowed the lump in my throat and waited for Matt to continue talking, "The guys never had a clue what I was doing back then."

"What do you mean?"

"I found out my Dad had an affair with the boss' daughter and had a child with her."

"Matt.. skip to the part where you killed my best friend, please?"

"I didn't fucking kill her, okay? She was my sister."
♠ ♠ ♠
Another little update. Uh oh!